Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Camber after installing koni yellow and eibach pro springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camber after installing koni yellow and eibach pro springs

I got koni yellow shocks and eibach pro springs installed and went to get an wheel alignment a week after. See below for the results of the alignment. The numbers are in degrees. Green is within spec and red is out of spec.

Left Front Right
    -0.8 Camber -1.7
    0.01 Toe 0.01

Left Rear Right
    -1.4 Camber -1.1
    0.11 Toe 0.09

Front and rear camber range should be -1.0 to 1 according to the alignment print out.

I don't have a camber kit. Will I have a major problem with camber wear on my tires?

Tire consumption will be a bit faster than usual. Just keep on rotating them tires for even wear. Otherwise , start saving for a camber kit.

I would not worry about the rear that much , it's the front that really counts. Well atleast your toe is within specs. If not , they will wear out totally in less than a year.

TIP: If you can purchase a lifetime alignment at your local Firestone , it will be a good arsenal against improper alignment. Be sure not to run them out of business , because I almost did.
    Last edited by ExplodingCake; 05-22-2010, 09:02 PM.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDarkOne View Post
      I got koni yellow shocks and eibach pro springs installed and went to get an wheel alignment a week after. See below for the results of the alignment. The numbers are in degrees. Green is within spec and red is out of spec.

Left Front Right
      -0.8 Camber -1.7
      0.01 Toe 0.01

Left Rear Right
      -1.4 Camber -1.1
      0.11 Toe 0.09

Front and rear camber range should be -1.0 to 1 according to the alignment print out.

I don't have a camber kit. Will I have a major problem with camber wear on my tires?
      actually.when ur l0wed f0r perf0rmance the negative1.7 camber is perfect f0r handeling.depending 0n the turn and h0w fast u g0in.the car will lean away fr0m the inside 0f the turn and put all the weight 0n the tires farthest fr0m the inside turn. the wheels will g0 int0 a p0sative camber state during the turn thus l0sing grip cause the h0le tire w0nt c0ntact the gr0und.but with the negative camber already 0n.the p0sative camber while in the turn will n0w be cl0se t0 a zer0 camber which will result in m0re tire t0 the gr0und.
      s0 in my 0pini0n i w0uld get tas aut0 adjustable upper arms and get them set t0 1.5 negative camber.y0u w0nt g0 thr0ugh m0re tires at this camber setting.

my new turbo build

Comment

Thanks guys for the info. I think I'll just keep my tires rotated and leave the camber how it is.

Comment

id get a camber kit snd even it 0ut.my .02

my new turbo build

Comment

You have nothing to worry about with anything less than -2 degrees. I'm running -0.9 in front, and -0.5 in back on purpose for better handling. Even with -1.7 you won't really notice any adverse tire wear, it's poor toe spec and tire pressure that wears out your tires.
            My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

the camber is fine if they are even from side to side. you need to fix a side for the front.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
              X