Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

replaced o2, still getting code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replaced o2, still getting code

after install i pulled both ecu fuses for about a minute. replaced and drove for about 10 mins. codes returned and i rechecked. still getting code 41. i have the f22a1 with h23 im and pt6 ecu. the o2 sensor location is on one of the four runners on my header (like dc sports). the stock location is at the collector where all four come together. could that cause a read error? i purchased an exacted replacement for the f22a1, delco brand. any info would be awesome, thanks!
    2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
    VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
    The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
    August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

You may have a bad ecu. I had the same problem, was throwing an o2 sensor code, bought a new o2 sensor, put it in, reset my ecu, started my car, check engine light came back on.

My light would come on almost immediately after starting my car, I read in a manual that the o2 sensor doesn't even send a signal to the ecu until it reaches a certain temp, don't remember what that is right off hand, it was over 1,000 degrees or something crazy.

I'd say, swap ecu's and see if that solves the problem

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
      You may have a bad ecu. I had the same problem, was throwing an o2 sensor code, bought a new o2 sensor, put it in, reset my ecu, started my car, check engine light came back on.

My light would come on almost immediately after starting my car, I read in a manual that the o2 sensor doesn't even send a signal to the ecu until it reaches a certain temp, don't remember what that is right off hand, it was over 1,000 degrees or something crazy.

I'd say, swap ecu's and see if that solves the problem
      i may try. i know that i saw the cel when i still had the pt3 in it. so tht would just be a weird coincidence. i'll try tomorrow
      2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
      August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

The ECU is not likely the case. A bad ECU would give a solid CEL.

It's entirely possible that the o2 sensor just isn't right. The ONLY brands that are guaranteed to work properly are NGK/NTK or Denso. Bosch sensors are known to work improperly straight out of the box. Bosch invented the o2 sensor, so chances are most other brands are copies of that design.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

It's entirely possible that the o2 sensor just isn't right. The ONLY brands that are guaranteed to work properly are NGK/NTK or Denso. Bosch sensors are known to work improperly straight out of the box. Bosch invented the o2 sensor, so chances are most other brands are copies of that design.
          I've personally seen 4 brand new bosch spark plugs be bad RIGHT from the box...2 on mine, the other 2 on a customers car...I will not buy bosch anything ever...horrid track record.
          ____

Comment

I've also had issues with Bosch plugs.

Bosch may be good for some cars, but Hondas don't seem to be among them. I couldn't tell you why, but there are too many Bosch failures to simply be coincidence.

Comment

I didn't mean a bad ecu, I meant the plug or whatever on the ecu that controls the o2 sensor may be bad.

But yeah, if you tried a different ecu, that probably isn't the problem

Comment

the new o2 sensor is a Denso. That's what confuses me. i made sure i bought a good brand
                2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Ah, ok. In your first post you say "delco", as in GM parts.

In that case, do what was mentioned above and check all wiring to make sure connections are correct.

Also, did you reset the ECU afterward? It could just be throwing the old code because you never reset it.

Comment

heater circuit...

check continuity of the wires, A6 and A23. also make sure the Pcm is giving out battery voltage for the heater.
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Ah, ok. In your first post you say "delco", as in GM parts.

In that case, do what was mentioned above and check all wiring to make sure connections are correct.

Also, did you reset the ECU afterward? It could just be throwing the old code because you never reset it.
                      ha wow, i cant believe i did that. but ya i did reset the ecu. i pulled both ecu fuses for about a minute and replaced them. now when i drive the ecu doesnt ever seem to store codes. fuses are still good but every time i start my car there is no cel. but after driving for a while the light comes on.
                      2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                      August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Working...
                      X