Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

replaced main relay but car still dosent start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replaced main relay but car still dosent start

so i replace a thermostat not too long and after that the car just died. i just recently replace the main relay on my accord but the car still dosent seem to want to start. it cranks but there isnt enough electricity coming into the ignition quail. wat could be wrong? if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it

Check the distributor

Comment

everything is fine. just dosent seem to be sending enough electricity to the ignition quail

Comment

Did u check the ignition coil inside the distributor or mayb it could be the fuel. Mite not getting enough fuel

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_lx View Post
          so i replace a thermostat not too long and after that the car just died. i just recently replace the main relay on my accord but the car still dosent seem to want to start. it cranks but there isnt enough electricity coming into the ignition quail. wat could be wrong? if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it
          Did you guy the part used or new?

Comment

everything is fine. just dosent seem to be sending enough electricity to the ignition quail

Comment

Originally posted by Gsquat View Post
              hahahaha

I say replace the ignition unit. I had this problem a while ago, and I believe that did the trick.
              CDOG
              He's baaaacckk

Comment

yeah! what yr is it? i replace my ignit. and it fired write up!!

"Cleft"
                Rolling vid>> Click Here

Comment

Best bet would be to test the ignition system before you go randomly replacing parts. Test the ignitor (ICM) inside the distributor. They will cause a no spark issue. They are a common issue as they get older.
                  MR Thread
                  GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

mines a 93 4dr lx. bought a new quail for it too n still dosent start up. still not enough spark

Comment

Note the difference between a quail and a coil above. ^^

Comment

there's a ground for the ecu on the thermostat housing, dont forget that.
                        I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                          i wouldn't be surprised if this was the problem it has happened to me before
                          things get over looked if not check your ecu fuses there is one 10 amp under the hood and a 15 amp in the car
                          ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                            Did you guy the part used or new?
                            two good ideas to check first
                            ____

Comment

I'm going with what Wes said...I've seen it happen a few times.

I ♥/Miss My Coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X