Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

stupid ? on Spark Plugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stupid ? on Spark Plugs

What is the difference in NGKs and regular spark splug are they worth it and can you tell a difference in the two

MR : http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ght=CB7+R3ason

Originally posted by quaidum
    you being able to see four blocks down the road is resulting in someone not being able to see 5 feet in front of them

good job, just what the world needs more inconsiderate drivers

i have to use the oem spark plugs or else a random cylinder will stop working in a month or so. its a weird problem. so yea ive tried other plugs but i decided to stop wasting my money
    Originally posted by Quashish
    Holy crap thats a clean F series. jellish mang.
    Quashish dictionary
    Jellish: (adjective) Jel-%i'sh+#
    To envy something to point of almost blowing a load involuntarily.

Comment

im running on regular sprak plugs and wires im seeing more and more cb7s with NGK wires and plugs im debating on getting them or not

you being able to see four blocks down the road is resulting in someone not being able to see 5 feet in front of them

Comment

ngk is the recommended oem brand, i have them in my car, ive also used nology

Comment

I don't think there is a huge difference - I couldn't tell the difference at least. I just chose NGK because I had heard that they were a good brand and the plugs were pre-gapped which made things easier.

Comment

what bout the wires any difference

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 R3ason View Post
              what bout the wires any difference
              To me I also didn't notice any difference in the wires - as illestatus stated they are a good oem recommended brand so I would not expect any amazing performance. I just replaced the wires while I was doing the cap and rotor since I did not know when they had been changed last. Maybe someone else can offer some more insight who's old wires were in worse shape than mine

Comment

The only reason Honda suggests NGK is because stock plugs were NGK with platinum tips. You can get any other brand with platinum tips, but they typically cost more. There isn't much difference in the low end plugs/wires. The high end plugs are better as they reduce the risk of detonation in aftermarket applications. The higher end wires do have significantly lower resistance. Again, none of this is of real importance unless you're running some kind of boost, nitrous, or extreme N/A pistons. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong tho!

Hope this helps!

Please learn to type!!
                CHECK IT! My ride thread...
                http://www.myspace.com/stephenwaltonphotography
                Originally posted by deevergote
                You'll need to spend real money on parts with real engineering to see any real gains. Anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant, or trying to sell you something.

Comment

Thanks man so the really dont make a diff its just a preferred brand

Comment

ngk coppers are the cheapest and i use them frequently. im also sporting bosch plug wires with no problems. prefer msd or crane cams
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Just another vote for the NGK wires over here. I had them, changed to Nology wires on my turbo'd engine (didn't notice a real difference) then back to NGK after one of the Nology wires totally seperated. Just recently changed them, too, within the last week. Glad to see I'm not the only one in the dark about plug wire "performance".
                      F22a1, T3/T4 turbo, Greddy Type RS BOV on left-over AEM CAI piping, Turbo XS manual boost controller, PHAT intercooler, Crzy tuning, Walbro fuel pump, AEM FPR/fuel rail/pulleys/cam gear, Gude cam and throttle body, MSD ignition/cap/coil, NGK wires and Iridium plugs, Fidanza flywheel, ACT clutch, Nuespeed short shifter

9 lbs on stock internals (for 10 min)
                      16.2 1/4 mile with basics
                      ??.? 1/4 mile with turbo
                      139 hp with all bolt-ons
                      ??? hp with turbo

STAY TUNED

Comment

Plain vanilla NGK or Denso plugs. As simple as it is to change our spark plugs there is no reason to use long lasting ones.

Comment

Working...
                        X