Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Shes got the shakes...bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shes got the shakes...bad

Well we tried leaving town today, not even 5 miles out left the last light, got up to round 55 and it started again, I slowed to 40 once it got bad. It starts out soft and got violent today I thought I was gonna have to clean up body parts from the highway, no hard corners at all, im pretty sure now it starts when its under slight pressure,(steering) then just dissapears. Im pretty sure we overlooked something after the crash, im just not sure where to start, cant replace everything. what are your ideas? I know its silly guessing at this but someone on here knows more about front end parts than I do..... btw shes done this for some time now, just hasnt been near this bad, but tires are good(atleast new-er) and we totaled the driver side, if you hadnt read already, if that helps.

Atleast take a guess.. Not expecting much though..

If you need more info just ask, ill be here. thanks to those who took time to read this...
    Last edited by lilchase; 05-08-2010, 02:41 PM. Reason: shoot. idk

Alignment, suspension components, axles, wheel balance... check all of that.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      Alignment, suspension components, axles, wheel balance... check all of that.
      My fisrt thought was alignment because she was never put on the rack after all the stretching of the frame and such, but why would it just go away after short time instead of constantly shaking?

Comment

If it was never re-aligned, then it's definitely an issue... if not the only one. The shaking is due to the tires' resistance, so perhaps at a certain point, the speed of the car is enough to counteract the resistance... just a guess.

Comment

duh..

Well you know after alot of thinking, Im making the call later, thats most likely all it will be is a trip to the alignment shop, which is cake, family friend does em for all my gpas clients.. idk what I was thinkin. Thank you sir for your input, helped my head. Other than that I just called the big H and ordered some new valve seals and VC gasket too, so hopefully my cb will be good for a little bit longer. Thanks again
          .Peace.

EDIT: yea right...
          Last edited by lilchase; 05-09-2010, 12:20 AM. Reason: Man was I wrong...

Comment

hmm....

So I had to drive her to get the wife from work (didnt want to drive it) but it cant be just the alignment, the tires are wearing fine there not chewed up at all, I noticed the brakes are sticking pretty good shes gettin held back alot. That shaking is rediculous, I pulled on the highway real quick to check it.

I was slow mind you, got up to 30 started shaking, at 50 it was way too bad for me slowed back down still shaking at 30, turned around to do it again and go home and she didnt barely do shit.. So I kinda find it humorous, then again im dumbfounded here...

Can brakes cause these types of problems? If so thats cool the replacements are in the trunk..

Comment

Brakes will normally only cause issues with vibrations when you're actually using them. Normal driving should not be affected by the brakes. It's possible if they're VERY bad... but unlikely.

Jack up the car, support it properly, and get under there. Inspect all bushings, ball joints, and axle boots. Also check for blown shocks. The alignment is probably part of the problem, but certainly not all of it. Something is not right. Being that severe, it should be noticeable.

If you can't see anything wrong, assume an axle is bad.

Comment

I hear you on gettin under there, the only reason this has been a problem is im at home in coshocton for the weekend and the shop in 40 miles away in newark. Got no tools here, like a fool. Im thinking more towards an axle now you mention it because I dont understand how this didnt get fixed in the rebuild, definately progessing over time. Im gonna get a buddy to lend me some stands.. well know more later..

Comment

It's possible that the axles weren't installed correctly. It's possible to push the axle in far enough to put everything back together, but not have it securely in the transmission. This is actually a pretty common mistake, and it could cause shaking.

Comment

Working...
                  X