Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Skunk2 H22 intake on F22a4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skunk2 H22 intake on F22a4?

Hey guys. I have heard all around that the H23 intake matches right up to the F22 heads. Is the H22 intake different from the H23? If not, I know that having an f22a4 means i'd have to get the black box that runs the secondaries and a p14 ecu. However, will everything else match up? Anyone else done this? I've looked for a thread on this, and if I missed it, sorry! Thanks in advance for any input ya'll give!!

Please learn to type!!
    CHECK IT! My ride thread...
    http://www.myspace.com/stephenwaltonphotography
    Originally posted by deevergote
    You'll need to spend real money on parts with real engineering to see any real gains. Anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant, or trying to sell you something.

h22 intake manifolds will not fit on f22 blocks unless you have an adapter

An h22 plenum and TB will for in an f22a6/h23a1 set of runners though.

Comment

Originally posted by kellogg_racing_ View Post
      Hey guys. I have heard all around that the H23 intake matches right up to the F22 heads. Is the H22 intake different from the H23? If not, I know that having an f22a4 means i'd have to get the black box that runs the secondaries and a p14 ecu. However, will everything else match up? Anyone else done this? I've looked for a thread on this, and if I missed it, sorry! Thanks in advance for any input ya'll give!!
      Briefly...

The h22 will not bolt up to the f22 unless you get this

http://lzgusa.com/lzusa/evo/evoauto/...roducts_id=105

The h23 does bolt up.

the other option is to get f22a6 runners and h23 plenum.

these have been done thousands of times.

Use the search feature, it is your friend. Just make sure to change Display Options from "Last Month" to "Beginning". You'll see huge history of the same question being asked and answered.

Hope this helps.

Comment

You also don't need or want the p14 just for the h22 intake. The pt6 is the one you want.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
          You also don't need or want the p14 just for the h22 intake. The pt6 is the one you want.
          You dont want a pt6 unless you have the f22a6 camshaft. he wants a p12 and to hook the butterflys up to the vaccum.

Comment

I'd still go with the PT6. Honestly, NO stock ECU is optimized for a modified engine, so the more you do, the "worse" any stock tune is.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
              I'd still go with the PT6. Honestly, NO stock ECU is optimized for a modified engine, so the more you do, the "worse" any stock tune is.
              Why would you want to run a pt6 if he dosent have the a6 cam?

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                IAB control

Comment

The A6 cam isn't THAT different. It's not like you're running a performance cam. I'd rather have the IAB controlled by the ECU than have it controlled strictly by vacuum.

Comment

Whoa, damn. That's like $500 for everything! Forget that! haha, ok thanks ya'll! I've seen tons of posts on h23 plenums with a6 runners with the black box running a pt6. One last quick question: what accessories (if any) will I need to hook up that black box?

Please learn to type!!
                    You'll need to spend real money on parts with real engineering to see any real gains. Anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant, or trying to sell you something.

Comment

You dont want a pt6 unless you have the f22a6 camshaft. he wants a p12 and to hook the butterflys up to the vaccum.

Originally posted by EJX_Michael View Post
                      IAB control
                      Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      The A6 cam isn't THAT different. It's not like you're running a performance cam. I'd rather have the IAB controlled by the ECU than have it controlled strictly by vacuum.

The pt6 really is more effective for the IAB control than it is for the slightly wilder cam. Remember, the difference in power between the a4 and the a6 (which is what, 10 ponies?) comes from the cam, ECU and IM. Most of that actually comes from the ECU and IM, not the cam. The p12 would be okay, but IIRC, vacuum opens the secondaries sooner than the ECU would, resulting in a slight drop in the low end torque curve.

Originally posted by kellogg_racing_ View Post
                      Whoa, damn. That's like $500 for everything! Forget that! haha, ok thanks ya'll! I've seen tons of posts on h23 plenums with a6 runners with the black box running a pt6. One last quick question: what accessories (if any) will I need to hook up that black box?
                      The way to handle the expenses is to watch CL for a crappy, ugly, dieing but running Accord with the a6 in it, buy it for cheap, get your parts, then part it out and make your money back.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                        The way to handle the expenses is to watch CL for a crappy, ugly, dieing but running Accord with the a6 in it, buy it for cheap, get your parts, then part it out and make your money back.
                        Well there ya go! Thanks guys for all the input! Also, are there many h23 plenums / a6 runners here on the classified sections? As I don't have 30 posts yet, I can't tell. But if there are, I'll look there before hunting anywhere else.

Please learn to type!!

Comment

Working...
                        X