Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

head swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

head swap

hey guys i have a f22b6 head and i want to know if a h22 head will fit without doing anything to the block or the head

Originally posted by accords 4 life View Post
    hey guys i have a f22b6 head and i want to know if a h22 head will fit without doing anything to the block or the head
    Yes, it will. The f22(b) has the dohc the (a) is a sohc. it will bolt right up

Comment

To what block? All you've told us is what heads you have.

Originally posted by claud122003 View Post
      f22b6 is SOHC, along with the b1, b2 and b8.

Also, DOHC and SOHC have nothing to do with whether or not the head will bolt up. That's the reason so many people make frank motors.
      Last edited by visualpoet; 05-07-2010, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by claud122003 View Post
        Please read before you respond...

The F22B6 is the Honda Odyssey motor. It is a SOHC non-VTEC motor, very similar to the F22B2.

The H22A head will fit on that block with some minor modifications. However, there is really no reason to do this. You will be left with a low-compression motor with a low redline... and a head that needs high compression and a high redline. Not to mention the bore size is different on the head and block, leaving room for overlap (and hotspots, which are likely to cause detonation)

This goes for the F22A or F22B6 block. Both will require some modification.

Comment

its a b6 block someone told me that it will bult right up wit out having problems and u dont have to do anything to it

Comment

its a b6 block someone told me that it will bult right up wit out having problems and u dont have to do anything to it
            They were full of shit.

Oil and coolant passages do not match up and the cylinders of the 2 motors are 2 different bores as well. (H22A is 87mm and the F22B6 is 85mm)

Easiest way to see and prove that person wrong is grab 2 head gaskets (1 from and H22A and 1 from a F22B6) put one on top of the other. You will see the difference.
            Last edited by Father Time; 05-07-2010, 11:10 PM.
            3 CB's gone....
            1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

deeve just told you everything you wanted to know, it isnt a straight drop on to work properly. There is modification required. Much less, you will need a tune to run the motor correctly and the bottom end will not be strong enough to handle the high rpms like the h22a is made for. You will end up with a weak motor, that will never reach much potential without replacing parts in the bottom end which in the end would just be FAR cheaper to just find an h22 block and just do a full h22 swap.

Comment

so wat type of head should i get. should i get the h23 head or just leave it the way it is

Comment

What do you want from this motor?

If you want NA performance, build the bottom end with higher compression pistons, stronger rods, and stronger rod bolts. Then get an F22A head, get it ported and polished by someone that knows what they're doing, and install a Bisimoto cam. Run an H23 intake manifold, Bisimoto header, 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust, and have it tuned on a dyno.

If you want turbo, you can do it to what you have now... and hope it doesn't blow up. Proper components and tuning are key. You'll need to learn a lot to do it right, or pay a lot to have it done right.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    What do you want from this motor?

If you want NA performance, build the bottom end with higher compression pistons, stronger rods, and stronger rod bolts. Then get an F22A head, get it ported and polished by someone that knows what they're doing, and install a Bisimoto cam. Run an H23 intake manifold, Bisimoto header, 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust, and have it tuned on a dyno.

If you want turbo, you can do it to what you have now... and hope it doesn't blow up. Proper components and tuning are key. You'll need to learn a lot to do it right, or pay a lot to have it done right.
                    its a b6 block...
                    He's got an f22b6, I don't think he can use the h23 IM, or the Bisi header. (I could be wrong, but I think the ports don't match, maybe H22 parts?) IMO, he'd be better off getting a whole f22a whatever and building it, than trying to frank out the engine he's got.

Comment

I'm pretty certain the ports don't match, no.

Why not go with at least an sohc vtec head? the b6 was a pointless motor, imo. lol

life is good.

Comment

Working...
                      X