Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

VTEC question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VTEC question

ok i know what could happen to your vtec if it was wired direct and that it can burn it..but i wanna know if out the two plugs do i wire two wires to power and one to ground??this is not for my car i have a friend who wants wire his direct cause he doesnt have enough for a ecu and he wants it..lol
    WHEN LIFE PASSES YOU BY...DOWN SHIFT...

make him sell is car.

Comment

haha right...its just something for the mean while

Comment

question is does he even have a honda?
        <

(129)Transactions and counting

Comment

yes he does..lmao its a ek civic..with a d16y8 vtec

Comment

wait.....so he wants to do something that will cost him money to fix when hes screws it up cause he cant afford to do it right knowingly it will cost him double to fix and do right later.......? If money is an issue, he needs to be patient and get the ecu and run it correctly. With vtec engaged at all times it would suck anyways....no torque on the bottom end much less already a d16 w/ no torque to start....

Comment

Doesn't ebay have those cheap VTEC controllers that you just set the rpm and call it good?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Here's one, at least tell him to get one of these for the time being. Pretty sure it's a simple add on regardless of ecu, but research it for yourself before having him buy it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VTEC-...Q5fAccessories

Comment

according to the wiring diagram they show on that page, you still need to have a vtec ecu as you need to wire it into the ecu....all that does is let you change the engagement point of vtec without having to socket and make a chip to change it.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischhorn View Post
                    according to the wiring diagram they show on that page, you still need to have a vtec ecu as you need to wire it into the ecu....all that does is let you change the engagement point of vtec without having to socket and make a chip to change it.
                    Thanks for clarifying that, I thought it was stand alone.

Comment

well ill just tell him to get the ecu..and to run it right and not go through all this b/s lol

Comment

Yea I found out a long time ago, half assing VTEC or anything on a Honda will just lead to even more problems and just make you hate your life. Do it right the first time, or dont do it at all.

Comment

So he doesn't have enough for a $50 ECU... but he's willing to damage his engine? I'm sure that costs more than $50...

Sounds like your friend is a certified r-tard.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            So he doesn't have enough for a $50 ECU... but he's willing to damage his engine? I'm sure that costs more than $50...

haha yea kinda but down here in the houston area people want 100 to 150 for a p28..so thats why he hasn't gotten it..

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

hes more than r-tard to me. and if im correct you said he has an ek he shouldnt be looking for a p28 anyway i believe he should be looking for a p2p unless he wants to pay for a jumper harness also but wait he doesnt have money p2p ecus are real cheap homie $40 cheap
                              what shall not
                              kill you shall
                              only make you
                              STRONGER

Comment

Working...
                              X