Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

oil light blinking and then its solid....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil light blinking and then its solid....

hello guys...the oil light came on today, at first it was blinking really fast, then it blinked 3 times then 1 blink that took like 2 seconds, then it started again. then it stayed solid...

i noticed that it blinks real fast only at idle, when i get up to speed it blinks like every second until solid..someone pleaase help me...will it get fixed only by changing the sensor that sits on top of the oil filter? im submitting this via cell phone, the search funtion takes forever, im not at home or near a computer thanks for understanding.....

view my ride: My Ride

Originally posted by jmolina View Post
    hello guys...the oil light came on today, at first it was blinking really fast, then it blinked 3 times then 1 blink that took like 2 seconds, then it started again. then it stayed solid...

i noticed that it blinks real fast only at idle, when i get up to speed it blinks like every second until solid..someone pleaase help me...will it get fixed only by changing the sensor that sits on top of the oil filter? im submitting this via cell phone, the search funtion takes forever, im not at home or near a computer thanks for understanding.....
    u eather need 0il,0il change,0r a new 0il pump.try the 0il change first.

my new turbo build

Comment

Your low on oil

My car does that when its low on oil

Comment

thanks for the replies oil change is recent, checked the oil its normal....could it be the sending unit?

Comment

its possible the sending unit could be grounding.
          hook up an oil press mechanical gauge to check your true press.
          MadLab Racing
          Southern Maryland

Comment

it could be something clog in the sensor system....Check if vacuum or other plus are not clog...plus make sure nothing like oil....just double check...It could just be the sensor
            VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
            1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
            MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

ok guys, today i changed the sensor, i ripped the cover cap...oops
              also did the needed oil change on the process...so far no oil light, hope it stays that way. If it comes back, i'll hook up the oil gauge that i have laying around and check the press. Thanks for you support

Comment

Your oil pressure switch is gone. They normally don't go out, but its time for a new one! They run less than $10 (its located above the oil filter).

Comment

Originally posted by pedroalcala View Post
                  Your oil pressure switch is gone. They normally don't go out, but its time for a new one! They run less than $10 (its located above the oil filter).
                  ok

Comment

Wierd, my Sedan had a "faulty" oil pressure light and apparently the old lady ran out of oil and blew my engine up.
                    However when I put the motor back together, the oil light/sensor works fine.
                    It even recorded (came on) when the oil pickup clogged from old dried up milk.
                    About 3 mins after running the oil light would flicker, come on dim, then blink on/off, then be steady on.
                    Meanwhile the engine ran fine.
                    Popped off the oilpan to find 1/8th of the pan to be filled with solid sludge/milk
                    Last edited by CB7Man; 04-28-2010, 02:59 AM.
                    Your man for wiring solutions!
                    CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                    CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post
                      Wierd, my Sedan had a "faulty" oil pressure light and apparently the old lady ran out of oil and blew my engine up.
                      However when I put the motor back together, the oil light/sensor works fine.
                      It even recorded (came on) when the oil pickup clogged from old dried up milk.
                      About 3 mins after running the oil light would flicker, come on dim, then blink on/off, then be steady on.
                      Meanwhile the engine ran fine.
                      Popped off the oilpan to find 1/8th of the pan to be filled with solid sludge/milk
                      damn....gotta check that out, i'm changing the oil pan gasket next oil change..lets see what surprise i'll get

Comment

Originally posted by jmolina View Post
                        damn....gotta check that out, i'm changing the oil pan gasket next oil change..lets see what surprise i'll get
                        MMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm YUMMY!

Your man for wiring solutions!
                        CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                        CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

i think its funny he said that he had a recent oil change then mentioned how he did the much needed oil change.hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by hondalude86 View Post
                            i think its funny he said that he had a recent oil change then mentioned how he did the much needed oil change.hahaha
                            yeah funny....anything else that you wanna point out? or u just wanna get your post count up?

Comment

well, i figure as slow as the beginner parts of this site are, i figure i have to post whenever i feel somewhat necessary. I dont currently own a 4th gen, although i've had 2, and i'd like to possibly purchase one. Plus, i did think it was funny... Its had to contribute overwhelmingly helpful information to site like this, when your a person that owns 2 2nd gen Preludes. However, I do love the Cb7. And much like this post, the last was really unnecessary, but i did point out something i thought was funny that YOU said, and YOU called me out for post whoring... I guess that lengthy explanation about Oil that posted and the lengthy explanation about brakes will both be viewed that way too... But again, hard for me to find posts to actually make a wow i can help you effect. You Know what i mean?

Comment

Working...
                              X