Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

motor mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motor mounts

as the title says;
    what are good motor mounts
    any suggestions?
    and were to buy thanks
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=154842

for just replacement or are you doing a swap of some sorts?

Comment

Originally posted by mgcshroomz View Post
      for just replacement or are you doing a swap of some sorts?
      i got a new moter in but they used the same ones lol
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=154842

Comment

If the old mounts aren't broken, you don't need new ones.

Replacement mounts can be purchased through Honda, autoparts stores, or www.explicitspeedperformance.net.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          When we bought mounts for my 91 accord (f22a4) they were pretty pricey: front and side ones around 70-80 and the rear one (with the solenoid) was around 120. If the ones you have aren't cracked, just leave them in. It'll save ya all that money.

Hope this helps!

Please learn to type!!
          CHECK IT! My ride thread...
          http://www.myspace.com/stephenwaltonphotography
          Originally posted by deevergote
          You'll need to spend real money on parts with real engineering to see any real gains. Anyone who says otherwise is either ignorant, or trying to sell you something.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

Replacement mounts can be purchased through Honda, autoparts stores, or www.explicitspeedperformance.net.
            esp mounts are great they just take a while to make and ship. If your old mounts can hold up esp is the place to go but if they are worn maybe you should get new stock ones. Worn mounts will do alot more damge
            what shall not
            kill you shall
            only make you
            STRONGER

Comment

fill your stock mounts is your cheapest bet from a performance point of view, although not really sure what to do with the rear ex mount...

Comment

yeah, the rear EX mount can't be filled like the others. Converting to the regular mount is the only way to do it.

Filling is a quick and easy (and cheap) thing to do to hold you over while waiting for ESP mounts. Seriously though, ESP's mounts are far superior to filled mounts.

Comment

anyone use Innovative Mounts? I have filled sides and a front solid but thinking about getting a Innovative rear since they made a direct replacement for the big EX mount vs having to switch mount brackets.

Comment

I would prefer DIY mcmaster-carr mounts over anything else. This is almost overboard, but it's not: you can literally gut the OEM mounts of almost all their rubber, leaving acouple of small sections in the center to hold the center sleeve while pouring them. This is what I did, my dogbone and rear DX/LX 5 spd mount took 1 lb of 94A urethane, normally 1 lb will do 4 mounts, 1 lb. did 2. The side mounts took another 1 lb, so 2 lbs of 94A total. DIY

Comment

How do you know if your mounts are broken or worn out? When I put my car in reverse, it shakes a bit, but not violently. Otherwise it's fine in other gears.
                      Thanks.

Comment

i also heard esp mounts are really good i want to buy a set of those for my car

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                          How do you know if your mounts are broken or worn out? When I put my car in reverse, it shakes a bit, but not violently. Otherwise it's fine in other gears.
                          Thanks.
                          you can visibly look at them to see if they are worn, loose or torn apart.

Comment

Originally posted by claud122003 View Post
                            you can visibly look at them to see if they are worn, loose or torn apart.
                            ok. Just checked all 4 mounts. I can see the front and the driver's side are cracked but not torn apart. I cannot really see the ones in the back and the passenger's side. They seem ok. I think the back one I need to go under to check. Since the 2 are cracked but only shakes when in reverse, should I even change them out yet or wait until the shake is unbearable?

Thanks.
                            Last edited by Bad_dude; 05-12-2010, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X