Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90 OEM foglight conversion on 92 EX help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 OEM foglight conversion on 92 EX help

Current Ride: 92 EX Coupe

Ok, just snatched a front bumper complete with signals and fogs from a 90 EX sedan from the junkyard! (They actually just had 2 come in with fogs, built one complete out of the two...) I grabbed the switches from both and the lighting relay from the u/h fuse box (didn't know if they were different). The question I have is do I need anything else to do this conversion, or has anyone encounted any problems doing this? I thought I read another thread on here showing how to rewire your OEM fogs to not come on independently of the headlights and it showed 2 relays... If so, where is this other relay?

Thanks for your help guys.
    Last edited by Xx91AccordxX; 04-24-2010, 11:20 PM.
    Gunz Don't Kill People, I Do! Xx91AccordxX

What junkyard did you go to, to get this?

If you have the full OEM harness then thats all you need. The harness was designed to be put in the car after it left the factory without any cutting or wiring. Its strictly plug and play.

Here is a link to the instruction manual

http://www.lesterdelacruz.com/foglig...3%20Accord.pdf

Comment

Ahh... Thats my lil secret (until I get everything I need, no offense)

Thanks for the link. I haven't read through it all yet, but to answer your question no I didn't grab the full harness. I didn't realize first off that there is a wire harness to disconnect under the u/h fuse box plus I was running low on time and cash there, it was kinda a impulsive buy, not a common find. So in my panic I cut the wires behind the harnesses located at the bumper. I planned to run my own wiring but I couldn't find a schematic. So should I try to run back and get this harness or just wire my own? I don't wanna pull the dash to get... And forgive my ignorance but is there another relay that I should be looking for, like the main relay under the dash???

Comment

Also, will it matter that it would be a 90 harness to a 92 harness?

Comment

why dont you just use 9091 bumper. IMO it looks better but to each their own

Comment

Originally posted by RobS763 View Post
            why dont you just use 9091 bumper. IMO it looks better but to each their own
            I am going to use the 90 bumper, but my 92 did not come with fogs. I thought that was obvious...

Comment

Originally posted by Xx91AccordxX View Post
              Ahh... Thats my lil secret (until I get everything I need, no offense)
              Well if its not one of the local crazyrays then you better let me in on a possible new junkyard lol

Also, will it matter that it would be a 90 harness to a 92 harness?
              Nope. The only connector on the foglight them selves is to the light bulb. The lightbulb is the same between 9091 and 9293

So there was 2 cars with fog lights at the junkyard and your only buying 1 set of fog lights?

Comment

I am going to use the 90 bumper, but my 92 did not come with fogs. I thought that was obvious...
                that was obvious. so if your going to use the bumper than dont change them over

Comment

Originally posted by RobS763 View Post
                  that was obvious. so if your going to use the bumper than dont change them over
                  Ok, you do realize foglights don't work by magic right? You need more than the bumper, you know like wires, relays, fuses...

(Step 1: Collect Underpants; Step 2: .........; Step 3: PROFIT! Ya get it?)

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                    Well if its not one of the local crazyrays then you better let me in on a possible new junkyard lol

Nope. The only connector on the foglight them selves is to the light bulb. The lightbulb is the same between 9091 and 9293

So there was 2 cars with fog lights at the junkyard and your only buying 1 set of fog lights?
                    Yeah it was a crazy rays. As for the 2 sets of fogs, one pass. side was busted and rusted out and that bumper was torn. So I grabbed the one good bumper, the set of good blinkers, and 3 fogs... So I have an extra drivers side fog.

And with the harness, I was referring to the "A", "B" and "C" harness in the DYI. I cut the switch out at the dash and the other wires were cut 6 inches behind splices to ground and power in the "B" harness. So I have the "B" harness and I need the "A" harness and "C" harness and this is a direct plug-n-play, right?

Comment

i actually am curious about the same thing i want switch the bumpers on my 90 to my 92

here is the 90

here is the 92

im just not sure if the 90 bumper connector of fogs will snap right in, i know the bumper will, but does the 92 have the same connector coming out of the radiator support????

Comment

Working...
                      X