Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Here's a good one...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a good one...

I searched for a bit, and couldn't find these two things together, I'm having a problem with my speedo going in and out while driving, but mostly staying at 0, and this morning, I had the CEL come on(was on my way to work so I couldn't check it) and now my idle has dropped from around 1000 to 500 and pulsing a bit. Had it actually stall once this morning because it was so low. CEL didn't come on, on the trip home. Other than the speedo and at idle, the car is running smooth as normal. Any help would be rad. Thanks

1) Please keep your thread titles descriptive of your problem. That will help knowledgeable people find it, so they can help you... and it will allow future members to be able to search for it. This site is intended to be a database of information, not your own personal helpdesk.

2) Speedo issues are usually the VSS. Check you connections, and replace that if necessary. It may be a good idea to replace it regardless, as 20 year old sensors tend to fail.

3) The pulsing idle could be a number of things. Check the sticky at the top of this section for erratic idle fixes. If those things don't work, we can dig deeper.

If the CEL came on, the error code is most likely still stored. Pull the code, and it will tell you what the problem is. Once we know the code, we'll go from there.

Comment

As for pulling the codes, can do in the morning, never see these two things occur together before? I can't see the Vss causing the idle to drop.

Comment

try putting dielectric grease in between the VSS connectors before you replace it. Our cars are old, sometimes the contacts don't connect like they should. That saved mine, it was doing the exact same twitching from 0 to the current speed then finally died. Put this grease in and it's been working fine. That COULD solve your problem

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by Burn View Post
          As for pulling the codes, can do in the morning, never see these two things occur together before? I can't see the Vss causing the idle to drop.
          Don't assume that the problems are related.

Comment

would you say that this speedo dropping to zero happens when the car is warmed up? or does it happen right when you start driving?

Comment

Working...
            X