Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

need help fast car just died! fuel pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

need help fast car just died! fuel pump?

have noticed car is slightly boggish when starting from a stop. i was running bout 1/8 tank of gas and took a corner and the car died. it sounds the same wants to start but wont. i tried adding more gas and jumping it because i know i have a week battery. Im thinking fuel pump but if any help would be great its my only car and i do the work my self i will go buy parts soon just hate replacing good parts.

Check to see if you have fuel and spark. No fuel, the main relay is the first thing to look at. Injector resistor box and fuel pump are next. No spark, coil, igniter, battery connections, and grounds are what you need to check.

Comment

I gota walk over there but i didnt think to listen for the relay or pump starting so i will try that i tend to forget you can hear em. I will also check to see if my wires have spark but i think its a fuel issue due to the slugish takeoff.

Comment

Checked it out pump is working you were right no spark distributor is working router is spining but looks a bit worn corrosion on little heads on cap gona replace cap and router maybe wires think that will do it everything else seems fine just not getn power from distributor to plugs

Comment

Replace the cap and rotor. Clean your battery cables and terminals (I've had corroded and loose connections cause a no-start issue, even though it had enough power to turn the motor over.) Check all grounds... make sure they're clean and tight.

If the problem isn't fixed by that point, look to the ignition coil (90-91 is internal, 92-93 is external). If you replace that and STILL have no spark, replace the ignitor. A failing ignitor USUALLY results in erractic tachometer operation before it completely quits, so unless you experienced that, the ignitor is less likely to be the culprit (but still entirely possible.)

Comment

So it was the little ignitor good call i pulled it and had it checked thanks a lot

Comment

I just had the EXACT same thing happen to me yesterday. Went to go make a right turn from a stop and while accelerating she died. I put my ear to the fuel pump and had a friend turn the key. I didn't hear it kick on, but maybe they run silent?

I'm going to check for spark today when I go out by her today. She's still dead on the road and I don't have money for a tow.
              I <3 My Honda CB9!
              My Hondas
              1992 Integra LS Coupe (Sad story...)
              1995 Civic VP Coupe (Traded for->)
              2002 Civic EX Coupe (Traded for->)
              2006 Acura MDX (Long story...)
              1988 Accord DX Sedan (Donated to a friend)
              1992 Accord LX Wagon (Sad Story)

Comment

this has happened to me twice.
                I keep spare ignitors in my trunk now.
                MadLab Racing
                Southern Maryland

Comment

Same here. I always have a spare ignitor, coil, and main relay floating around my car.

Comment

i just keep a spare distributor, i should bring a timing light so i can time it ont he side of the highway!
                    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

i think i had the same problems because my car was really boggy too

Comment

here is this link it will be helpfully

http://techautorepairs.com/mainrelaydefine.html

Comment

Working...
                        X