Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Horrible Creaking in Front End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horrible Creaking in Front End

Well, I've had a really loud creaking in my front end for a few weeks now and it's getting worst! I can't figure out what it is, tie rod ends, ball joints, bushings all look good/ok. I have no Idea. I can feel it and hear it, it is only when I take off normal or if I turn. If I take off slow or get on it it doesn't do it! WTF I am starting to worry cause its been getting louder.
    Have any of you guy's ever had a problem like this?
    Thanks

^^^^^
    Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Ok I took my grandpa for a ride (he knows a lot about cars) and he said it sounds like the tranny. I was wondering if anybody has ever has a creaking noise in your tranny and if so what was it? BTW I have an auto.

^^^^^
    Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

cv boot maybe? Had to replace mine and it seems like your describing the same sounds I heard

Comment

It sounds like your bushings. Mine do this when it's cold out. It kind of sounds like an old chair when you sit in it.

Comment

Yea thats almost exactly what it sounds like. What bushings? But it's also been doing it when its warm. IDK, Thanks for posting guys.

^^^^^
          Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

How are your shocks? Blown shocks can make plenty of noise. I see you're running shit coilovers, and there's no mention of shocks... so I assume you stupidly dropped your car on stock 20 year old shocks.

You want to know what's creaking? Those dry, empty tubes that are mercilessly compressed in the middle of those POS coilovers you're running.

Change that stuff before you kill yourself, or someone else.

Comment

I'm half way to my money goal for some str.t's I know it was stupid but would my shocks make that much noise because if I go over bumps they are fine. No noise and they don't bottom out. I slammed my car for that lil photo shoot on the last page but I put it right back up all the way.
              Thanks for the help deeve but I don't think it's my shocks. When I raised it back up I literately had to push down on my lca to raise up my sleeves so I don't think they're blown.

^^^^^
              Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Having to push down on the LCA means nothing. Your shocks are 20 years old, and you're lowered, riding on springs that are of a MUCH stiffer spring rate than even brand new OEM shocks would be able to withstand. Trust me, they're blown. Blown shocks make noise.

You could try lubing any bushings, but honestly, the shocks are more likely.

If you're saving for STR.Ts, put your stock springs back on... and lower it again once you get the proper parts. Preferably with something other than that Dropzone garbage... That company nearly cost me my life. I'd hate to see the same happen to you.

Comment

I had to put my dropzones on because my drivers side coil was busted on the top and bottom. I always thought blown shocks would just "fall" from the weight of the assembly thats why I threw in that I had to push down. I guess thats not the case tho. *not arguing, just saying*

^^^^^
                  Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

My car makes that sound. It's my stabilizer bar end links. I'm missing bushings so the bar slides and squeeks on a faster start or stop. Check em.
                    91 ex sedan
                    And now, new for 2012, a 93 ex wagon!

Paypal verified
                    Bought from: frootloops, 90accords, Agol
                    sold to: Agol

Comment

bump

^^^^^
                      Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Maybe radius rod bushings? that my next step. so far new inner and outer tie rods. New cv joint, new wheel bearing, upper and lower balljoint. I think this should fix my problem, sounds like your problem im having
                        NEW PSN
                        H22wagon

New project. 95 EG HB H22
                        RIP

Comment

Are all your motor mounts good? you say if you take off slow it doesn't do it, maybe because they don't creak as much since there's less force exerted on them.

But when you turn, it makes it too? I had an issue w/ a tierod with no grease in it. I bought them new 3 mo. ago but the boot dryrotted and all the grease was gone....I heard creaking noises when turning at slow speeds.

What I would do, is have someone in the car turning and shifting the gears when stationary and see where the noise is coming from. Put your head up close and listen where it is. We can't figure this type of problem out over the internet unfortunately, unless you made some kind of video of the noise.

member's ride thread
                          93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                          99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                          91 Accord SE 176k
                          97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

Originally posted by H22WAGON93 View Post
                            Maybe radius rod bushings? that my next step. so far new inner and outer tie rods. New cv joint, new wheel bearing, upper and lower balljoint. I think this should fix my problem, sounds like your problem im having
                            Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                            Are all your motor mounts good? you say if you take off slow it doesn't do it, maybe because they don't creak as much since there's less force exerted on them.

But when you turn, it makes it too? I had an issue w/ a tierod with no grease in it. I bought them new 3 mo. ago but the boot dryrotted and all the grease was gone....I heard creaking noises when turning at slow speeds.

What I would do, is have someone in the car turning and shifting the gears when stationary and see where the noise is coming from. Put your head up close and listen where it is. We can't figure this type of problem out over the internet unfortunately, unless you made some kind of video of the noise.
                            Thanks guy's.
                            I'll check the motor mounts tomorrow, I did notice my drivers side tie rod end had no grease in it but I am positive that's not it because it is way too damn loud to be that one thing. IDK if I said it yet but when I am getting on an on ramp or taking off from a light it stays constant and loud! until I either let off the gas or till my tranny changes gears. It seems worst in 2nd but that might be because it's "the longest gear" Note that I am driving normal not getting on it, just the ol' usual granny driving.

^^^^^
                            Click picture for MRT

Sparkin CB7

Comment

Originally posted by brsteinbach View Post
                              Thanks guy's.
                              I'll check the motor mounts tomorrow, I did notice my drivers side tie rod end had no grease in it but I am positive that's not it because it is way too damn loud to be that one thing. IDK if I said it yet but when I am getting on an on ramp or taking off from a light it stays constant and loud! until I either let off the gas or till my tranny changes gears. It seems worst in 2nd but that might be because it's "the longest gear" Note that I am driving normal not getting on it, just the ol' usual granny driving.

culd be ur tranny...
                              is it an auto?
                              have u done a fluid change?
                              a 20 year old auto tranny is just waiting
                              to go out wen a tuner gets a hold of it

one way to eliminate if it suspension related
                              is to safely lift ur car on stands or if u know a shop with a lift,
                              the drive it through the gears and listen...

Comment

Working...
                              X