Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Somebody please respond tonight... Breaking into my car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i locked my keys in my car once. Luckly i had just popped the trunk open so i could drop the seats down and get inside

I did somthing worse then lock my keys in my car though...

I had to take the key off the key ring to unlock the door to get my keys lol.

Im still not exactly sure how that happend.

Comment

just fatboy said, just grab a brick and throw it...50 bucks for a new window and teh cops being called to your place cause they see someone wearing black and running away from your car? priceless

Comment

Or invest in a set of auto jigglers. Everybody should have a set laying around except for a thief

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post

I had to take the key off the key ring to unlock the door to get my keys lol.

Im still not exactly sure how that happend.
          lol im still trying to figure out how to play that back in my head...

UGHH headache.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by freshnasty View Post
            lol im still trying to figure out how to play that back in my head...

UGHH headache.. lol
            lol me and my freind rolled up to mcdonalds in a bit of a hurry. I was closing the door with my hand with the keys in them. I went to walk away and i jerked as the keys were stuck. I was like " wtf? "

I looked at it and could just not stop laughing and how much fail just occured lol.

Comment

Seriously? Am I the only one with auto-door locks that can open my door, hit the lock button and it actually locks? I don't have to do the hold the handle trick at all. anytime I hit the power lock button, both doors lock, no matter what...
              '93 LX Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by ElMasDuro View Post
                Well, turns out my keys were in my kitchen. After I got into my car with a shovel and a coat hanger(all my screwdrivers were in my toolboxes in th car) This type of thing doesn't happen to me. Unless, yeah. Lol, it was 4/19, and today is 4/20. Lol, I'm talking reckless. Thanks guys, and bye.
                ok im lost with the whole shovel thing did u actually break the window or wtf???
                what shall not
                kill you shall
                only make you
                STRONGER

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
                  unless you hold the handle open
                  OHMYGAWSH!!!!!!!!!!!! You are my hero!!!! hahahahahaha

no more having to get my keys out to lock it :P

.My Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by VEGASCOUPE View Post
                    ok im lost with the whole shovel thing did u actually break the window or wtf???
                    I had to use a shovel to pry the door out far enough to get the coat hanger in. I didn't have ANY tools, since they were all in the car.

Comment

Originally posted by renegade28x View Post
                      OHMYGAWSH!!!!!!!!!!!! You are my hero!!!! hahahahahaha

no more having to get my keys out to lock it :P
                      You won't be so happy when you first lock your keys in the car!
                      It was great when I didn't know that trick... you can't lock your keys in the car when you need the keys to lock it!

Comment

Me and my spousal unit both have magnetic key boxes under the rear bumper area.

She has a habit of locking herself out with the engine running..

Comment

Originally posted by dano28 View Post
                          Me and my spousal unit both have magnetic key boxes under the rear bumper area.

She has a habit of locking herself out with the engine running..
                          A couple acquaintances of mine are car thieves. One of the first places they check is underneath the car, looking for extra keys. I don't recommend you to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by hovo1788 View Post
                            not to sound like a god damn mom, but retrace your steps if youre not even sure your keys are in the car...youre young, and youll learn to ALWAYS do a pocket tap for keys, cell phone and wallet everytime you get out of the car, lol.

Even better, *never* override the driver's side door lock feature (overriden by pulling the driver's side door handle up while closing the door) that won't let the door be locked without using your key.--*unless* you've already verified that you actually have your key on your person. Always lock the car with your key.

IMO you can be around cb7s for a long time without knowing how to break into one, though. It's not exactly as if it's an issue that comes up in standard maintenance.

If you ever lose your wallet, make sure to check the carpet between the driver's seat and the door. It's perfect camouflage for a brown wallet. I have found my (supposedly lost) wallet sitting in between there at least two times.
                            Last edited by batever; 04-22-2010, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                              id drill a big hole in the bottom of the car and then use a rod to hit the unlock on the power locks.
                              i kind of like this idea. if you're really cheap and don't want to pay $50.
                              I do have a saying that, " it isn't really yours until you've drilled holes into it."

You probably will start a rust hole in the floorpan by doing so if you do that though, unless you are meticulous about sealing the hole with antirust primer and underbody coating etc.

Comment

i know the problem has been solved, but i figured id offer up my 2cents literally...

if you have change in your pocket you can break into your cb7.. quarters work the best because they are biggest, but any coin will work.

start near the top corner of the window. stick the coin under the weather stripping, push it as far as it will go, then flip it up.. it goes in behind the glass and pushes the glass out a bit.. continue to work this motion with another coin, being sure to keep your progress from slipping, once you work it far enough to get your fingers in between the door frame and the glass, pull your window out gently, as to not break it, or bent the window regulator, reach your arm in and unlock your door.. once in roll your window all the way down then back up and it is fixed!!

hope this helps future problems

Comment

Working...
                                X