Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Look! Suspension and brakes upgrAde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look! Suspension and brakes upgrAde

So next month I will upgrade my brakes, shocks and springs. Might as well do everything at once since the tires are off so I'm going with EBC slotted brake rotors front and back and EBC pads but what do you guys suggest on the suspension. Don't want to go to low so was thinking of some sportlines or some h&r I think they will lower like 2" correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't want to have to install a camber kit and it's going to be a dd so want some comfort. What about shocks I like what I heard about Koni yellows but nobody sell them local so I would hate to blow one and have to wAit to send it out for warranty I actually don't know how the warranty works on yellows if anybody knows let me know. The local parts store sells kyb adjustables for $125 lifetime warranty so I was leaning toward those. What do you guys think need some suggestions before I buy in two weeks. Thanks

KYB's warranty is void after a drop lower than 1.5"... most springs will lower more than that. Koni has no limitations on their shocks.

H&R Sport springs are great. I loved my stance, and the ride was nice. That was on KYB AGX, but it would be MUCH better on Koni Yellows.

Honestly, any warranty for your shocks won't be honored by the retailer. You will be sending it back to the factory no matter what. The Konis will withstand more abuse, and they will be less likely to blow.

Koni Yellows and H&R Sport (1.8" front, 1.5" rear) would be the best way to go, IMO.

Comment

Help me understand here, if your going to be spending the money on a daily driver, why would you be against a camber kit? Tires arent cheap.
      Not trying to be a prick, but ive been aligning cars for 15 years now and just dont understand why you wouldnt.

Nick

Comment

Let me refrase that I don't mind spending the money on it what I don't want is to lower my car so much that I am going to need one. I seen people with there cars slammed and there's nothing wrong with that but they are always complaining about how there tires wear so much and I just don't want the hasell with that. But since you have knowledge how much can I lower my car before the inside of my tires wears out bad is there a limit or it does not matter and I should still by a kit. Thanks

Comment

Your camber will change as soon as you lower your car. Generally, people say a drop less than 2" won't kill your tires (assuming you have stock width and offset). A camber kit is ALWAYS a good idea when lowering, but with your plans, you could get away without. Just be sure to align properly. When and if you do get a camber kit, I suggest the TASauto upper control arm set. By far the best (and safest) on the market.

Comment

As an alignment tech I would say get it aligned after your done no matter what height it is. If the camber is more than 1 degree negative it will wear the insides out before the rest over the life of the tires. My personal car is a 90 dx , rf camber is 0, lf is -.8. On the last set of tires I went through there was a visible difference in tire wear between the lf and rf. What im getting at is no matter what height it is, if you want the tires to last, get the camber set. 0 to -.5 degrees.

Nick

Comment

Working...
            X