Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

H23 Intake manifold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

H23 Intake manifold

what is a h23 intake manifold? what does it? Pros cons? i appreciate it

its the intake manifold of a 92-96 prelude SI i believe. its better than our IM and it bolts right in, you also need the TB. AND you need the IAB box out of a f22a6 and the ECU from that same car to make it work(open secondary runners).

i short words its a performance part for your car.

JENNA 91 LX

RIP 12-11-09 - 12/06/10
    JANE 99 Infiniti i30
    2-9-11 - current
    "Life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back."

Comment

what kind of performance do you get and what is the over price for all this?

Comment

It gives a noticeable increase, I'd say from going from an F22A1 to this manifold setup, about 10-15 hp. Because it has 8 inlet ports instead of 4 and the throttle body is about 4mm bigger in diameter. Well I guess you can say the F22A6 manifold has the same bottom runners, but the plenum volume is also 2-3x the size of the F22A1's. Basically you're engine will breath MUCH better in the upper RPMs

member's ride thread
        93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
        99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
        91 Accord SE 176k
        97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

better throttle response and few ponies. It depends where you buy it from,
          in a junk yard about $100-150 for everything.

JENNA 91 LX

RIP 12-11-09 - 12/06/10
          JANE 99 Infiniti i30
          2-9-11 - current
          "Life is simple, you make choices and you don't look back."

Comment

Alright ill just ask this here.

I found one myself at the junkyard

I got the upper half off and was trying to get the lower half off

I have all the bolts bolting it to the engine block out but it wouldnt come out

What was i missing?

Comment

there is a support beam type thing underneath it thats bolted the IM and the block

Comment

Originally posted by nate'sCB7 View Post
                there is a support beam type thing underneath it thats bolted the IM and the block
                Is it hard to remove? Im going back tomarrow in the rain to get it off. Man i want this intake manifold so bad lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                  Alright ill just ask this here.

I found one myself at the junkyard

I got the upper half off and was trying to get the lower half off

I have all the bolts bolting it to the engine block out but it wouldnt come out

What was i missing?
                  The one that goes to the support bracket on the back of the block that connects to the runners?
                  3 CB's gone....
                  1 WK Overland....

Still miss the CB though......maybe one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Time View Post
                    The one that goes to the support bracket on the back of the block that connects to the runners?
                    Yes

Sorry OP for a hijack but this could come in handy for you too lol

Comment

Is it hard to remove? Im going back tomarrow in the rain to get it off. Man i want this intake manifold so bad lol.
                      no its easy, but you need a long extension to get to it from underneath the car. I think its a 12mm bolt.

member's ride thread
                      93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                      99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                      91 Accord SE 176k
                      97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

it depends if the car is off the grownd.......if its lifted up you can get underneath it and BAM the bolts are right there, you cant miss um'

Then you have yourself a H23 IM!

Comment

yea the strap/support that goes under the IM to the block. its held on by a 12mm bolt.

IMO for an all motor car its best to run the A6 runners with the h23 upper plenum and TB because the A6 has longer runners which help with torque especially when combined with the h23 plenums increase volume over the a6.

to the OP its not 100&#37; nessassary to run the ECU and the butterflys can be run open at all times and added power will still be utilized. I really dont see the point in controlling them when they are open at full throttle anyways.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                          member ride thread
                          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by Losiracer2 View Post
                            no its easy, but you need a long extension to get to it from underneath the car. I think its a 12mm bolt.
                            you can reach it under the intake manifold with a socket and get it, no need to get at it from all the way under the car.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                            member ride thread
                            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                              you can reach it under the intake manifold with a socket and get it, no need to get at it from all the way under the car.
                              im so happy now i cant wait to go get it lol. So its better to make a hybrid between the a6 and h23 intake manifolds? I have an a6 right now

Comment

Working...
                              X