Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Brake lamp light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brake lamp light

My brake lamp light is on and I can't get it to turn off. I checked all the bulbs and they all work (including the third brake light). I've replaced the little box things attached to the taillights. I replaced the wire bundle and cleaned off all the connectors too. I'm pretty much at a loss now, any help would be appreciated.

You replaced the box on all 4 tail lights?

Do you have a spoiler?

Comment

Is it the "brake lamp" light on the picture of the car in the guage cluster? Or, is the the "brake" light that comes on when you pull the e-brake?

First of all, if it's the "brake" light, then your fluid is probably low.

If it's the "brake lamp" then regardless of whether all the bulbs work or not, pull them all out, one at a time, and make sure that each bulb is the correct number. Here's why...Your ecu measures resistance across the brake lamp circuit. Every model of bulb has a certain resistance. When the ecu, or bcm, reads a resistance other than what it should be, it throws a light on the cluster. For example: A 3057 bulb and a 3157 bulb will both fit the same socket, however the resistance is not the same. Find out exactly what bulbs belong where and double check that each one is correct.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
        You replaced the box on all 4 tail lights?

Do you have a spoiler?
        The 2 inner tails don't have the box on them but yeah I replaced the ones on the outer tails. And no I do not have a spoiler.

Originally posted by wherm View Post
        Is it the "brake lamp" light on the picture of the car in the guage cluster? Or, is the the "brake" light that comes on when you pull the e-brake?

First of all, if it's the "brake" light, then your fluid is probably low.

If it's the "brake lamp" then regardless of whether all the bulbs work or not, pull them all out, one at a time, and make sure that each bulb is the correct number. Here's why...Your ecu measures resistance across the brake lamp circuit. Every model of bulb has a certain resistance. When the ecu, or bcm, reads a resistance other than what it should be, it throws a light on the cluster. For example: A 3057 bulb and a 3157 bulb will both fit the same socket, however the resistance is not the same. Find out exactly what bulbs belong where and double check that each one is correct.
        Yeah its the "brake lamp" light on the picture of the car. I will go thru my bulbs now and see if that helps...

Comment

OK well I checked those bulbs. The inner tails have a 2057 for the brake and 1156 for the reverse. The outer tails have a 2057 for the brake and 1156 for the blinker. Is all that correct?

Comment

mine was on forever and all the bulbs worked... than my back right break bulb blew and i replaced it and it hasnt come back on since..

Comment

Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

According to this site, you should be running an 1157 for the turn signals. That could be your problem. The other bulbs are correct.

http://www.bulbs.com/AutomotiveResul...A&Model=ACCORD

Comment

Also, not sure if this would matter, but that site also says to use a 168 bulb for the license plate lamp. I'm pretty sure a 194 bulb fits too, but not positive on that. Double check your license plate lamp while your at it.

Not sure what year your car is, I just punched in a 92 accord.

Comment

According to this site, you should be running an 1157 for the turn signals. That could be your problem. The other bulbs are correct.
                    Well the 1157 is a dual filament bulb and the 1156 is a single. Since the blinker only blinks there shouldn't be any reason for a 1157 in there. Plus I checked my Mom's CB and she got 1156 in here blinkers too. I will check my license plate bulbs tho.

Comment

This happend too me and my parking break switch was stuck so check that. Also your parking break could need to be adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by RedMagic187 View Post
                        This happend too me and my parking break switch was stuck so check that. Also your parking break could need to be adjusted.
                        wrong dash light...

Anyway, I'm pretty much out of advice then...

Comment

Anyway, I'm pretty much out of advice then...
                          Hey thanks for tryin to help me out tho.

Comment

no prob, good luck! Post the solution if/when you find it!

Comment

Hey how about the brake light switch? Its there up under the brake pedal. U think that could cause the light to come on?

Comment

Working...
                              X