Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Has anyone used this Engine Restorer product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aojiru View Post
    The faulty fuel gauge readings used to be VERY observable. Meaning i could really see it fluctuate up and down.

But somehow, it's becoming normal again. Like it doesnt fluctuate as much as before. T

o give you an idea of my situation as of now. Let's say my needle is pointing at my red Empty box. However my empty light is not on. When i drive a little, my needle points just above the red empty box. That's how it is right now.
    It will fluctuate. Does your empty light work at all? Keep in mind that it's a 20 year old bulb in there...

My fuel gauge is accurate, more or less... but if I take a hard turn with a quarter tank or less, it will move noticeably. It's an old design, with old components.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
      It will fluctuate. Does your empty light work at all? Keep in mind that it's a 20 year old bulb in there...

My fuel gauge is accurate, more or less... but if I take a hard turn with a quarter tank or less, it will move noticeably. It's an old design, with old components.
      Oh i see, and yes, my empty light works. It just doesnt come on even if the needle hits the empty box. It'll come on once it senses that my gas is low.

Comment

This was analyzed at www.bobistheoilguy.com and they found HuGE amounts of metals in it. If you notice when you pour it it had shinny flakes. You dont want that. No point in running it period.
        What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

lol, alright. I'll take your word for it. Thanks.

Comment

the idea of that stuff is that the metallic compounds it is comprised of will fill the voids and scratches in the cylinder walls. think of it like blood platelets that stop you from bleeding and create a scab.

cool concept but in reality what about all the other small oil ports in the engine that that metallic compound is going to plug up permanently? sounds like a recipe for disaster.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
            member ride thread
            11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
            DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
            People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
            I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
            John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Just like Bar's Radiator Stop Leak... clogged up my heater core real good!

A replacement radiator would have cost me $100 or less, and would have been an easy job. The heater core (which was done by a shop... this was before I knew anything about cars) cost me $250... WITH a discount.

Bottom line... quick fixes in a bottle are often not what they seem.
              Are you familiar with the Extrude Hone process? It involves pushing fluid with abrasive particles in it through metal passageways at high pressure, to remove rough edges and smooth the metal. Now apply this concept to an engine's cylinders. You add this product with metal particles in it... add pressure, heat, and friction... it'd be like sandpaper to your cylinder walls.

Comment

I didn't read what everyone else said since I'm on my phone so sorry for repeating anything. It may have stoppd a little smoke I was creating but I noticed after I got on it passing a Sunday driven seabring that the smoke came back. I've heard it helps treat the oil none the less

Comment

DONT use this restore product. What it does is it gets behind your rings and self hones your cylinders. A guy at a machine shop i worked for told me about it. We also found out that after you use it, it forms a thick putty like crap sludge in your oil pan :|
                  Originally posted by deevergote
                  Installing a turbo and planning to tune later is kinda like having sex and planning to put the condom on afterward.

Comment

this one i used personally but done tons of research on it.

www.auto-rx.com

researched on www.bobistheoilguy.com

its really an ester based product (cleaning agent) and not abrasive like others on the market.

I used it in all my cars and actually did improve a little on gas milage and it cleaned up my sludged up motor.
                    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

I see. I have not that much experience under the hood. Everything you guys say does make sense though. and that's why i'm gonna take your guy's words on it.

By the way, does Auto-RX really work?
                      Last edited by Aojiru; 04-13-2010, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        Why would there be scratches in your cylinder walls in the first place?

See, the Engine Restore ads are misleading... they suggest that it's common knowledge that your cylinder walls are all pitted and scored up. In reality, in an engine that hasn't been abused (running dirty oil for lengthy periods of time, left to sit unstarted for lenghty periods of time, etc...), there should be no significant damage to the cylinder walls in the first place.
                        It's like me telling that i have a product that you need... because my product will prevent pain in your uterus for the rest of your life! (this example does not apply to female members... )

The fuel system cleaners can help a bit. Fuel can often have some sediment, or leave some residue of its own. Again, that won't hurt anything... but you don't necessarily need that either.

Products you find in a bottle won't really fix anything. Either you don't have problems to fix, or you do have problems that some snake oil won't fix.
                        So once again, i'd like to ask, if i were to use Chevron Techron Concentrate, it wouldnt hurt my car will it?

Comment

there is no such thing as a mechanic in a bottle. If the engine is loosing compression rebuilt is the only solution. Another thing that might help is using heavy oil.

Comment

ive used engine restore, its improved my engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Aojiru View Post
                              So once again, i'd like to ask, if i were to use Chevron Techron Concentrate, it wouldnt hurt my car will it?
                              No, it won't hurt your car. It may not do anything to help, however. You may just be throwing your money away.

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
                                this one i used personally but done tons of research on it.

www.auto-rx.com

researched on www.bobistheoilguy.com

its really an ester based product (cleaning agent) and not abrasive like others on the market.

I used it in all my cars and actually did improve a little on gas milage and it cleaned up my sludged up motor.
                                the same thing can be done by substituting 1 quart of ATF during an oil change cycle. ATF has detergents in it that help clean.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                                member ride thread
                                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Working...
                                X