Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What to Upgrade Now for FUTURE Turbo Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to Upgrade Now for FUTURE Turbo Build

I want to turbo later on but I'm not knowledge wise or money wise. What can I upgrade performance wise now that I can put to use in a turbo build later on in a year or so time?

Note: Catback system wouldn't work in a turbo build like a Apexi WS2 right?
    Current:
    2007 Acura TL Type-S 6MT KBP

Past:
    1992 Honda Accord EX-R Sedan - RIP
    1991 Honda Accord EX-R Wagon - RIP 10/14/2010

Words change lives. You just got to choose the right ones.

Instagram: @CB7Nub

Check out the more active "CB7Tuner Canada" Facebook group for CANADIAN members ONLY.

A cat back system would work, you just have to consider restriction. A turbo car needs to push out a lot more exhaust, so the smaller the piping, the more restriction fighting against the turbo. If you're looking for a lot of power and reliability, building the motor for turbo would be your best bet. Just curious, what motor are you going to be using?

'92 Accord DX

Comment

The Apexi WS2 is 66mm, I believe... about 2.33". Fairly small, but for a mild turbo setup, it will work. 3" is usually the size to go for, but most don't really bother.

A CAI makes a good cold-side charge pipe.

If you plan on boosting the stock block, some ARP headstuds and a new Honda head gasket would be wise.

A Walbro 255lph fuel pump would be a good choice.

If you want to learn how to tune an ECU yourself, then getting a P06 and the necessary tuning tools would be smart. Mess with tuning BEFORE you boost. You're far less likely to blow something up with a stock-ish motor!

New mounts from ESP would be smart, since you'll be removing your front torque mount (you could always talk to ESP about making a front mount you could use as well... but that's not quite as necessary at the moment)

A new clutch would be smart as well. The turbo will eat your stock clutch very quickly.

Comment

Working...
      X