Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

SKunk2 Coils look were on my CB7 The H is to heavy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you mean you can't bring the rears down? And the H shouldn't be too heavy. Didn't notice a huge ride height difference in any of mine after puttin an H in.

'92 Accord DX

Comment

i have an h22a and its actually opposite for me. the front is higher lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gooch View Post
        I think I paid 250-300 and even everybody around me say why the hell is the rear so high. Im confused maybe there is 3 diffrent kinds of skunk2 coils adjustable, lower,normal hight lenght coils lol?
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't all aftermarket coil over setups adjustable? Do you have springs? And even then the rear should sit lower.

'92 Accord DX

Comment

oh my, the rear looks stock... re-do it, cutting it should be ok for rears, heat it up and hit it with a hammer to bend the end to fit the shock. skunk2's do suck. i have them also.

Be Clean

Comment

Well the coils....depends since right i can tell the engine is seems to make the coil on a angle compare to the back coils
            VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
            1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
            MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

lol where do I start. The engine weight is irrelevant in this context. So forget about that.

Do you know how to adjust your coilovers? They go up and down.....
              Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
              Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
              Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
              Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
              Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

d0nt cut anything.u will fuck up the rates 0f the c0il and thats dangeri0us.als0 can we get a pic 0f ur rears with the tire 0ff s0 we may ferther help u.and what sh0cks are u riding 0n?

my new turbo build

Comment

Yes I only Have skunk2 Springs
                  Springs are not adjustable. Coilovers are.
                  Theres something weird about your cb, Mine is stock height, and it doesnt sit that high even in the front. & the back of your car is just awkwardly high. Kinda looks 4wd.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=188155
                  Bought from: ChampCoupe
                  Sold to:Losiracer2

Comment

These Skunk2 sleeves are adjustable... and you should be able to achieve almost a 3" drop. So either you haven't adjusted the rears, installed them incorrectly, or something else what I can't think of right now.

And just like many of the other members said, the H swap has NOTHING to do with the ride height.
                    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Originally posted by frootloops View Post
                      These Skunk2 sleeves are adjustable... and you should be able to achieve almost a 3" drop. So either you haven't adjusted the rears, installed them incorrectly, or something else what I can't think of right now.

And just like many of the other members said, the H swap has NOTHING to do with the ride height.
                      I think this might be an incorrect install matter. Are you sure you didnt put the front springs in the rer, and the rear up front? Check that out...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

The H22 is only slightly heavier than the F22. Not enough to drastically change your ride height. My guess is that you did something stupid.

Comment

What should I do to bring down the rear coils they are not justable. I waist my money on Skunk2 coills d@mn!!! because the H22A4 is heavy WERID REAR END
                          ok so start of by being more clear with your problem. You said here that you bought skunk2 coilovers but later said you bought springs. Wich did you get? If there coilovers then you need to figure out how to adjust them because you can.

If there spings DONT cut them but make sure you installed them correctly. new springs take about 2 - 4 weeks to settle. When you first install them you will sit high untill they soften.

now i can't see any pictures on this computer so i'm not sure how high the back of your car is but ill check later when I can.

As everone els said the H swap wont affect your drop. My guess is you installed it wrong or forgot something. I'm not sure what you did without seeing it. Front in the back back in the front somehow?
                          Last edited by jimbo34; 04-05-2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

i got coils too, but im thinking that you have springs not coils and thats why it looks like that, otherwise you should just adjust(lower) the back a little

Comment

Springs and coils are the same thing.

He's talking about adjustable coilover sleeves.

You know what would make the rear sit much higher than the front? Putting the rear springs on the front, and the front springs on the rear.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

You know what would make the rear sit much higher than the front? Putting the rear springs on the front, and the front springs on the rear.
                                If thats what happened I'm supprised everything bolted up and he was able to drive it that way.

Comment

Working...
                                X