Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

accord wont start, need a list of things to check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

accord wont start, need a list of things to check

my car has been pretty good to me, is about to flip 200k.

but..

today, getting ready to get on the freeway near my house, i notice my car decelerating instead of accelerating.. i pull off and turn off the key.

the starter turns, but doesnt sound normal.. like there is no way in hell its going to start, just a quiet cranking sound.

so i check obvious stuff, plug wires, clips near my dizzy, batt cables, ecu fuse... all seem ok.

I had my 1.5 year old daughter with me, so i didnt want her sitting in the car too long so i walked her back home (1/4 mile or so)

things im going to check when i go back over there:

listen for fuel pump when i turn on the key, (if not, ill pull the relay)
    check for CEL codes (if there are codes ill have to look em up)
    pull a wire+plug, and check for spark (if no spark, ill swap out igniters)

anyone else think of other things to check on my first trip out?
    I'm hoping to make as few trips as possible.

is it spinning faster than normal? if so, you may have a busted timing belt... easiest way to check that is pull your dizzy cap off, and make sure the rotor spins when u crank the engine over, if it does, then the belt is okay, if not, well, i think u know, lol... other than that, i'd say you've got a pretty good list to start with. best of luck and hope u get 'er goin again asap
    91 EX Coupe 5 Speed
    My Ride Thread

ASE Certified Master Tech Since 2005

Originally posted by deevergote
    That's like watching a guy stick his head up his own ass. Impressive... but why?
    Bought From: Quakerjoe , MikeW

Comment

Start here

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=144944

Comment

[QUOTE=Tippey764;2490066]Start here

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=144944[/QUOTE

already read it. looks a tad overwhelming.

im gonna check my timing belt, then check for spark + fuel.
        a buddy of mine's dad (a honda tech) said that if my timing belt in-fact DID break, and i was heavy on the gas, i might have bent some valves as well

Comment

timing belt is toast... cracks between every tooth. broke right at the bottom

Comment

Sorry To Hear, Hope You Get It Fixed Soon, I Know It Can Be Pricey If You Dont Know How To Do It.
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by MRFuglyWun View Post
              timing belt is toast... cracks between every tooth. broke right at the bottom
              Your engine is most likely toast. Your going to have some bent valves for sure

Comment

[QUOTE=MRFuglyWun;2490072]
                Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                Start here

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=144944[/QUOTE

already read it. looks a tad overwhelming.

im gonna check my timing belt, then check for spark + fuel.
                a buddy of mine's dad (a honda tech) said that if my timing belt in-fact DID break, and i was heavy on the gas, i might have bent some valves as well
                sorry to hear about the timing belt..i would get a head at the junk yard and have your friend help put it on and hope the pistons are ok

Comment

here, have a look...... last time i take the word of someone selling me a car that says "the timing belt is fairly new"

Comment

Ugh.... that makes me want to go check mine right now.

Comment

about to go "fetch" my car from down the road. hope this whole timing belt thing doesnt turn into a goddamned nightmare.

Comment

Working...
                      X