Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Several Problems (Axle, Brakes, Motor)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several Problems (Axle, Brakes, Motor)

Ok i think all of these link together but i got a couple of problems and trying to figure out if they are linked or different.

First is when i take off and turning to the left. about half throttle when i got into second gear it wants to nose dive and then all of a sudden picks back and doesn't do it. it does it every once in awhile in first gear. but not much. oh and it doesn't do it when i turn right.

next problem is when i turn left when accelerating i hear a knocking noise in the right front. i believe its the cv axle but I'm trying to confirm that. and does that link up with the first problem?

next is when i sit in traffic for like ten minutes my brake seems to get softer and softer til it's to the floor and when i let up and roll a little bit it goes back to normal.

and finally when i use to hit the brakes it was like it popped in the floor board drivers side. well it quit doing it and now when i back up and hit the brakes it pops but only if I'm rolling five mph or so.

I think the first three problems are linked but idk about the last. i know its a lot to read but if yal could help me with this it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
    nick

photoshop master!

Is your car stock? If not, what have you done to it?

Jack your front end up, crawl under there, and check the conditions of your ball joints, tie rod ends, axle boots, and sway bar bushings. If there's any issue with the suspension, it's due to one or more of those things, most likely. Also check your struts. If they're covered in grease, they're blown (which would cause issues as well).

The brake issue is your master cylinder. When the pedal sinks to he floor, the brake master cylinder is going bad. The only option is to replace it.

Comment

its completely stock.
      and ill try and check it tomorrow. if it doesnt rain.

thanks for the info

photoshop master!

Comment

Working...
      X