Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Oil and coolant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil and coolant

I have a slight oil leak that seems to be coming from by the oil filter, but its not the filter...

I have read the oil cooler o-ring goes bad and is in the same location...

what is the easiest way to get to this?

I just sprung a hose leak (coolant) last night and it is in the same area, so might as well fix em both

I just dont see how to get to them....

(A)Try to get the car in the air and come from the bottom side? (Seems like a reach...)

(B) Take off the intake DUCT and see what I can do...?(Maybe)

(C) Take off the whole freakin intake which I dread...?(Will suck but be easiest?)

i know this question seems dumb for someone who has replaced these parts...

they have radiator clamps not squeeze ones (THANK GOD)

I had that O ring replaced on both of my cbs and Both times the mechanics went from under the car. Don't exactly know myself since I didn't do it.
    1993 Accord EX
    2011 Subaru STi

Comment

You may or may not have an oil cooler and oil cooler o ring.

If you take off the oil filter and look at the fitting it goes on, if the threaded fitting that the oil cooler threads onto has a nut at the base then you can undo it and there is an o ring underneath it (so I hear!--but my F22A doesn't have one and the whole setup is cast metal with no fastener at the base).

You have to put the front of the car up to get at it, just like when you change the oil filter.

I'm guessing your problem is more a leaking oil pressure sending unit (just above the oil filter with a wire coming out the back of it) but who knows. Also, is your distributor o ring ok? If that leaks it can go down the back of the block and drip off the oil filter and other things.

Comment

I notice a small puddle of oil around the cam gear...its just a square indentation that has a small pool of oil...

it looks like either the oil cooler (i think) o ring (by oil filter)

oil pan (cause the whole pan is covered in oil and dirt)

the oil by the cam gear throws me off...

Comment

pics?

if it's by your cam gear on the valve cover housing it may be just a valve cover gasket leak. They are known to leak there in the corners and where the "hump" for the camshaft is in the surface of the head.

Comment

The oil by the cam gear is VERY little, the only oil I see is in the indentation I was referring to...I dont see drizzle ect...Some rides there will be a tad on the hood there above the belt assembly and a tiny bit on the drivers side of the timin belt (JUST A TAD) mostly its the oil pan covered in oil and dirt on the outside and the gasket is sticking out passed the pan in certain places...

mind telling me the easiest way of getting to these things?

my distributor seal is good.

it may be the oil pressure sending unit you are referring to!...very well maybe because thats real close to where i see alot of oil...

that and all over the oil pan but i suppose it could comin from up top, i will replace both eventually but for now i need to get the damn hose swapped out ,and see if i have an o ring while im at it

do you have to replace the whole unit or is there a gasket/seal/ring?

what would be the recommended way of removing it? this will help me in more than one way cause im still boggled on how to get to the coolant hose...the clamps are faced toward a stupid direction...

wonder how much oil is gonna come out when i take off that filter to see if it has a nut..?

edit: it is an 93 ex sedan (f22a6) if that would tell you whether i would have the oil cooler or not

it does kinda appear like the filter bolts onto something other than directly onto the block but i havent looked for a nut yet
            Last edited by kronikally420; 04-01-2010, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Best I can tell the valve cover is not leaking, but on the cam gear side it is slightly.

The hose that is leaking is not the upper or lower rad. hoses. It is not the thermostat housing hose, but the hose that appears to hook to the oil cooler, and run to the block or something. I can't really see the hose at all, at one angle above the car I can see that it hooks by the oil filter. It isn't the hose that runs to the firewall either. (The heater core hose I suppose)

I need to figure out how to get to said coolant hose, I can fix the oil leaks as I get time/money...As it is, I am losin money cause my cb7 is in [P] damnit!~ (Wish it was in gear )

edit: Can I use normal hose by the foot? Or do I have to use dealership pre-fit? (no parts stores have this hose......)

How should I go about removing this hose? It has squeeze clamps grrr....

I hate things that are a PITA to get to.
              Last edited by kronikally420; 04-01-2010, 03:11 PM.

Comment

wow... what motor .....spoon engine civic with nos and motec system exhaust ??

Comment

"it is an 93 ex sedan (f22a6) if that would tell you whether i would have the oil cooler or not"

the EX trim are the only ones with oil coolers so..yes..it has one.

as for the hose, its the coolant hose that runs to the oil cooler and back to the passenger side of the block just below the intake

it isnt the t.stat housing hose or the hose that goes to the firewall...

not the radiator hoses...obviously

i bought some 5/8 heater hose today, just gonna tear shit off of it til i can get to it i guess

hopefully i can get it before i get to removing the F***ing intake

sorry no pics

Comment

Go to my member page (click on my name and look at the messages) and look at the conversation between me and Juan4DCB7. (click on "show conversation" on the post where the diagram for the oil cooler is) He kindly gave me a lot of info about the oil cooler issue, including what I'm assuming is the diagram of it from the Helm manual.(Thanks again, Juan!) which, in the end, it turns out doesn't apply to my car because it's DX trim. I think you'll find a lot of what you need there.

If I could figure out how to insert images in these comments I would include the diagram and parts of the convo here.
                    Last edited by batever; 04-02-2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

he said:

"1. With the engine cold, drain the coolant.

2. Disconnect the coolant lines running to the oil cooler.

3. Remove the oil filter. Although the engine is cold and most of the oil is in the sump, be prepared for some oil spillage; clean it up immediately."

He also notes that if you are doing the O ring(s) you dont need to disconnect the coolant lines cause you can see the o rings from underneath the car.

With that being said, with me under my car on scissor jacks ( i know...suck) I can see the oil cooler just fine, but the hoses.... I see where it plugs into the cooler and I see on the diagram where it is going, but no way is my pea brain figuring out how to get to the damn hose...

Took off the intake duct and its just all gonna be by feel and I sux bad at that...for now

My big arms dont help working in tight spaces either...

Comment

Originally posted by aclude View Post
                        wow... what motor .....spoon engine civic with nos and motec system exhaust ??
                        I stated what engine...and the trim level...

Also this is a fucking cb7 board sheep for brains

Comment

Originally posted by aclude View Post
                          wow... What Motor .....spoon Engine Civic With Nos And Motec System Exhaust ??
                          Wtf?

You see models at every car show.
                          But have you ever seen a model that actually takes the car she built to a show?

Comment

test

its [img]www.picture.com[/img] i think

uhmm...yeah im gonna eventually have more money and a shop and a lift *dreams and drools*

Comment

Originally posted by kronikally420 View Post
                              test

its [img]www.picture.com[/img] i think
                              OK, *how* did you figure that out???

Comment

Working...
                              X