Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Sawblades @ the J/Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sawblades @ the J/Y

So the other day I was on yet another journey for CB7 Gold and,What do I come across...........Some prelude Sawblades in Minty Condition,not even a second goes by and I'm unbolting all the lug nuts till I realize that every wheel had one lock nut on it!!! Dammit.....Anyone know how I can get these wheels lose useing only hand tools?

Originally posted by 90Lx-clusive View Post
    So the other day I was on yet another journey for CB7 Gold and,What do I come across...........Some prelude Sawblades in Minty Condition,not even a second goes by and I'm unbolting all the lug nuts till I realize that every wheel had one lock nut on it!!! Dammit.....Anyone know how I can get these wheels lose useing only hand tools?
    Did u search the car too see if u could find the key?? Same thing happened to me b4 and i found the key in the glove box.

Comment

go to the closest sears get a set of backout sockets ..... through the 19mm on the hammer it on then take a 3/8s rachet and go to town.
      Members Ride sold...
      I'm back...... with a coupe. oh boy here we go.

Comment

Get a socket for the nut, its pretty cheap and easy. I have about four different locking nut sockets... you never know what you might find.

You can use a pair of vise grips, did that once. It will totally mess up the nut, but who cares!

If you don't want to/can't do that, you'll have to remove quite a few pieces and parts to get the rims.
        Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Hammer a socket onto that sucker.

Please make your thread titles more descriptive. Until I read the last sentence, where you actually ask a question that fits in this section, I was about to delete this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by loud92CB7 View Post
            go to the closest sears get a set of backout sockets ..... through the 19mm on the hammer it on then take a 3/8s rachet and go to town.
            What do they look like.these backout Sockets?

Comment

Originally posted by 90Lx-clusive View Post
              What do they look like.these backout Sockets?
              There used for striped bolt heads, basically its a socket with some nasty teath in it that taper smaller and smaller the further on the nut they go, harder you smash it on there, the better bite you will get. There are several different styles around, you will destroy the nut, but you will get your rims.

Comment

Originally posted by eazyduzit509 View Post
                There used for striped bolt heads, basically its a socket with some nasty teath in it that taper smaller and smaller the further on the nut they go, harder you smash it on there, the better bite you will get. There are several different styles around, you will destroy the nut, but you will get your rims.

Ooh!! Thanks for Explaining.....This sounds like the best Method,Going Back Friday 2 snatch um up If there still there?

Comment

Working...
                X