Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ecu question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ecu question

ok i have a 91 cb7 2.2 sohc ecu and i was told to get a p06 well i got this ecu 37820-p06-a02 its not chipped will i have any problems with it on the race track and what the benifit to this ecu?

You'll need it chipped and tuned.

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

The p06 is only going to help you after it's been chipped and tuned to work with your specific engine. Which engine and ECU do you have currently? f22a1,4 or 6 and pt3, pt6 or p12?

Comment

ecu

f22a1 sohc with a pt3
        Last edited by driver; 03-27-2010, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Then you're probably running the f22a1 or f22a4. Do you have any mods at all done to the car yet? There are several things you can do to get more power besides having the ecu chipped and tuned. Start here: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154

Comment

ecu

the cars not chipped at all and yeah i printed that list out and im currently locating the intake and tb right now its has a headder and msd coil cap rotor 10.5 mm wiresand iridduim plugs as well the msd box is on its way the car is being built 4 a 3/8 dirt track its a real race car with complet roll cage
            Last edited by driver; 03-27-2010, 12:24 PM.

Comment

ecu

was also told to ckeck in to web racing cams going to order one next week

Comment

order a cam from bisimoto. his cams are specifically tailored to the f22a engine and are manufactured by webcams

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
                member ride thread
                11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
                DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
                People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
                I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
                John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                  order a cam from bisimoto. his cams are specifically tailored to the f22a engine and are manufactured by webcams
                  And if you cant afford that, ive had a good experiance with my Delta 272, but Bisi's the way to go for top power gain.

Comment

Delta is a good cheap alternative, though Bisimoto is considerably better.

But yes, the P06 is a stock Civic ECU. Made to run a 1.5L engine. The ONLY reason why it is good for our cars is that it's easily modifiable, and it plugs right up to our wiring. Since the Accord and Prelude ECUs can't be modified, we have to use Civic and Integra ECUs.

The only stock ECU that will give you any gains whatsoever is the P12 from the Prelude S. It has the F22A1 in it, identical to the F22A1 in the CB7. The only differences are the intake and exhaust piping (manifolds are the same), and that ECU... and 10 horsepower. Expect to gain 5-7whp from the P12 ECU on a bone stock F22A1. That's the ONLY bolt-on power you're going to get from any ECU.

Comment

ecu-chip

ok thanks for all that info but as far as the chip what brand do you guys think might be best for my app?

Comment

I hope you're not expecting to just purchase a generic tune... that's not how it works.

The brand doesn't really matter. Just get one that's quality. You're going to need to get it properly tuned.

Comment

Working...
                        X