Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Vtec tranny's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vtec tranny's?

I have been kind of wondering about different transmissions that can be mated to the H22. I have an extra one of these engines sitting around right now, and when i do go to use it, i know that the stock gearbox is heard a little on the high side.

I also have an extra 1998 model vtec Accord transmission. Is this a decent option, or is the actual H22 trans the only way to go?

Any F or H transmission will work. The H22's proper transmisisons are the only ones that are geared for the H22's powerband, though. Longer gearing will usually cause you to shift out of VTEC.

Comment

Ok, so even the vtec F series is not recommended then...it's geared high too then?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
        Any F or H transmission will work. The H22's proper transmisisons are the only ones that are geared for the H22's powerband, though. Longer gearing will usually cause you to shift out of VTEC.
        Glad I didnt go with an F22 tranny...lol. Short gears FTW..

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by Deetz View Post
          Ok, so even the vtec F series is not recommended then...it's geared high too then?
          The VTEC F series is considerably different than the VTEC H series. The F series VTEC was made for fuel economy, and to sell cars... not for performance. Nobody with a US model Accord has ever bought them because they wanted a sporty car!

The H22 transmissions are geared short for acceleration. The H23 transmission would be the next one to look at. Slightly longer, but still shorter than any US model F22 transmission.

Comment

The VTEC F series is considerably different than the VTEC H series. The F series VTEC was made for fuel economy, and to sell cars... not for performance. Nobody with a US model Accord has ever bought them because they wanted a sporty car!

The H22 transmissions are geared short for acceleration. The H23 transmission would be the next one to look at. Slightly longer, but still shorter than any US model F22 transmission.
            And if really anal about what kind of gearing you want, you can always switch out gears.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Custom gearsets ftw!

Comment

Nobody with a US model Accord has ever bought them because they wanted a sporty car!

I beg to differ.

Kidding!

I have the EX model Accord with the F22B1 motor. The transmission's gears are soo high, I hate it.

I'd love to throw in a M2S4 in there. We also don't have to tap the transmission holes, unlike the CB7.

Comment

Well, WE buy Accords to make them sporty... but they're hardly aimed at the sporty market! Maybe the 8th generation V6 6 speed coupe is... since that's pretty much the spiritual successor to the Prelude.

Comment

Working...
                  X