Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Header O2 Sensor Location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header O2 Sensor Location

I just bought a chrome header to replace my crusty stock a4 header. Turns out that this header I bought has only one hole for an O2 sensor, and its located on one of the top pipes. Would it be alright to relocate the O2 sensor from where it is now (below the car, on the downpipe)? Besides the O2 sensor only reading from one cylinder, are there any other disadvantages? Performance problems? Emissions problems? Will my check engine light come on?

91 EX, body/chassis ~235,000; rebuilt f22a6 crate engine ~65,000 (3/2011)
    Neuspeed Super Cup Kit (7/2010)
    TAS rear drum-to-disc conversion (6/2010)
    Above photo taken - 4/2010

Other than only getting readings from one cylinder, you shouldn't have any problems. Hopefully you can move the location without having to cut any wires. I've been told that changing impedance by cutting and reconnecting the wires can change the signal from the o2 sensor, but I personally have never had to mess with it, so .

Comment

Get a new o2 sensor (NGK/NTK or Denso... NO BOSCH!) for an F22A1 (I believe that's the one that has the o2 sensor in that location).

If you need to extend wires, use the plug from your old o2 sensor, and cut and splice the wires of the sensor itself. DO NOT cut your car's wire harness.

Comment

If I had to cut and splice, I'd use solder and heat shrink tubing for the best possible job. A bad electrical connection or a bad insulating job on the electrical job can play strange tricks on your ride down the road, and be a bastard to trace.

Comment

Working...
        X