Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

tryin 2 make some real power...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tryin 2 make some real power...

F22A4
    Hey i jus recently got my auto 93 accord anni edition in August of 09...

currently 3`23`10 i have the listed work done...
    ~jdm header and down pipe
    ~rs type high flow cat.
    ~BOMZ exhaust frm cat bac
    ~spectrum air cone
    and that currently all trying to get atleat 200+hp by end of yr...
    and im only 16 teen so money is kinda limited but all work i can do myself i will...like i have been

any help plz

Last edited by uneekb215; 03-23-2010, 09:30 PM.

Well, those mods you've done so far might have gotten you 10hp... That "JDM" header is nothing but a cheap ebay piece... it probably isn't giving you any real gains at all. The "high flow" cat might actually be costing you power... the stock cat flows just fine, and cheap crap aftermarket ones can actually create more turbulence in the exhaust flow. The exhaust may be ok, depending on the piping diameter (should be 2.25" or 2.33"... 2.5" at most, but that'll only be good when you add more mods). Chances are, the muffler is either restrictive, or obnoxiously loud...
    That Spectre cone filter is an autoparts store special... nothing good there. You'd be better off with K&N or an AEM dryflow filter.

If you want 200hp, you're going to need to plan properly, and buy the right parts. 200hp from an F22A isn't something you're going to bolt on with parts from Autozone.

Your first stop, other than browsing through this site for ideas, should be www.bisimoto.com

On a good note, your engine bay looks amazingly clean.

Comment

F22A6 camshaft
      F22A6 ECU
      H23A1 intake manifold and throttle body (from a Prelude SI, 92-96 I believe)
      F22A6 IAB "black box" (to be able to activate the secondary runners, the intake air bypass, in the H23 manifold)

There's a few things for you to do to make some noticable gains once all said and done.

edit: You can find those things at most junkyards for rather cheap.
      Last edited by Ander; 03-23-2010, 10:30 PM.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
      I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154

...........AE86-GTS: SOLD.................................................. ........CB7-DX: SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Well, those mods you've done so far might have gotten you 10hp... That "JDM" header is nothing but a cheap ebay piece... it probably isn't giving you any real gains at all. The "high flow" cat might actually be costing you power... the stock cat flows just fine, and cheap crap aftermarket ones can actually create more turbulence in the exhaust flow. The exhaust may be ok, depending on the piping diameter (should be 2.25" or 2.33"... 2.5" at most, but that'll only be good when you add more mods). Chances are, the muffler is either restrictive, or obnoxiously loud...
          That Spectre cone filter is an autoparts store special... nothing good there. You'd be better off with K&N or an AEM dryflow filter.

If you want 200hp, you're going to need to plan properly, and buy the right parts. 200hp from an F22A isn't something you're going to bolt on with parts from Autozone.

Your first stop, other than browsing through this site for ideas, should be www.bisimoto.com

On a good note, your engine bay looks amazingly clean.
          well thanks bout the bay...i dont babe my car...before i did any wrk to it,it stuggled to get to 85 then did tuneup got it to 90... oil change and a couple open road pulls and its a 100...now wit the mods i gt to 110 alot faster before power cuts out by fuel cutoff or speed limiter...exhaust is nt too loud jus louder then i thought...now about the h23 parts do they jus bolt straight up???and how good is h23 trans wit f22 block???

Comment

Yes, the H23 parts bolt right up.

Honestly, if you haven't rebuilt your suspension and brakes, and replaced your tires with good tires capable of high speeds, you shouldn't risk driving that fast. We've come close to losing some good members (and we've lost their cars) because they've blown out tires at high speeds, or lost control due to worn brake or suspension components.

The H23 trans has shorter gears. It will make the F22A seem livelier, though it won't really make you much faster.

Comment

yea i dont push it that hard often im in the process of redoin the front end right now...

Comment

Get quality front end parts. Some of the cheap crap you can get on ebay can be less reliable than the 20 year old parts on there now!

Comment

the best thing u can do, is save for a h22 n stop wasting money on the f22, im doin that i already have all the mods u have plus some, but the truth is that unless u drop a couple of grand on the f22 u wont really get much power from it. Save for a h22 trust me and while u save up, start working on the outside, u know a nice drop, some tints, some rims, black headlights, etc. There are plenty DIYs here so u dont spend tons of money n still make ur car look clean.
                  1992 Honda Accord Lx
                  [/I][/I][/I]

Comment

The H22 makes good power out of the box, but the F22 is actually capable of surpassing it once you get heavy on the mods. It depends what the goal is. If you want under 200whp, then the H22 is indeed the easier route. The F22A will get you MAYBE 180whp before you have to start replacing the internals.

Either one is a viable platform, though.

Comment

dsm 91-94 eclipse turbo kit. bolts right up

Comment

i conquer h22s all day with my built f22 on 20lbs, i even took a k20 eg civic on a 125 shot, on the high way. i mean WALKED away. then laughed as he gave ME the fly by. lol but yea i truly think that f22 is the way to go. its decked straight from the factory, and if you do the dsm set up... then save about 7 bills. get the turbo cam from bisi and his cam gear the. make about 270 hp. save some more (about 8 more bills) order bisi's 8.2:1 pistons bisi steel rods and up your boost to 22lbs (i believe thats about topping it on the turbos end.) and you will be running over evos and sti's and vettes all day long. but you really need a custom tyrbo manni and a turbo upgrade cause thats about the tip of the ice burg for that torbo kit.
                        Last edited by cb7_with_snail; 04-03-2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

With re-drilling of the manifold, that is.

And bolting the turbo kit up is the easy part. Tuning the ECU to keep the engine from blowing up is the difficult part. Treadstone has a turbo kit with quality components for the CB7... no need to get one for a DSM.

And what turbo are you referring to? The 2nd gen DSM turbo from the years you mentioned is the T25... and that will very quickly destroy an F22. It is far too small.

Comment

91 accord 5spd

well thanks all...im bac again this time im gonna go with 5spd CB...
                            really wanna buy and build a f22 then turbo but tht h22 seems a quicker solution....

IN LIFE YOU SHOULD MAKE YOUR ON ROAD AND LET OTHERS FOLLOW YOUR PATH...400WHP SOHC its possible....

MY RIDES

93 ACCORD SDN AUTO gone
                            94 ACCORD WAGON AUTO "SOLD"
                            91 ACCORD SDN 5SPD "PLANIN ON KEEPIN"

Comment

h22s are not always the solution.

I have a mildly built h22, with headwork, cams, tuned on s300, and i only made 186 to the wheel. While i've seen a similar built f22 and dyno at 189 to the wheel.
                              -:¦:-
                              Originally posted by wed3k
                              i rep cb7tuner all day, everyday. people say, "fuck y0 honda." and i say, "bitch, please."

Comment

Working...
                              X