Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

In gear but rpm's just keep climbing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In gear but rpm's just keep climbing.

So basically as the title states. my brother baught me a 93 5speed accord, gave it to me out of nowhere, and like at first i could drive the car i just couldnt slam the gas. i had to just cruise it because if i slammed the gas the rpm's would climb like i was in neutral but im in gear, then i let off the gas and the rpm's go down and catch finally. and now after driving the car for a few weeks its gotten worse n worse. Now i am just stuck the car just revs now and i dont think its the actuall tranny, so does anyone have any idea's? anything helps me out. thanks also the clutch has gotten weaker on the pedal.

this sounds like a old worn clutch my friend, I've had this happen myself but i didn't drive it like that only drove it for 3 days after i noticed it til the new clutch came in and replaced it. So if you can still get the car in gear, step on the gas and the car moves and then slowly dies away, its probably the clutch, but dont quote me on that, but its my best bet.

Turbo Setup: 100%

Comment

yeah sounds like the cluth my friend hopefully you can get a new one for a decent amount

Comment

thank you guys i appreciate it. =] oh and auto zone complete kit is 99.99$ plus tax haha so yeah that isnt that bad.Also ill have pics up soon if you want to take a look at my cb7 bone stock but in pristine condition besides this clutch prob, Thanks once again.

Comment

bro if you really wanted to get one cheap just hit up a junk yard
          peace

Comment

Originally posted by agol View Post
            bro if you really wanted to get one cheap just hit up a junk yard
            peace
            Bad idea. Don't get a clutch from the junkyard.
            Originally posted by sweet91accord
            if aredy time i need to put something in cb7tuner. you guy need to me a smart ass about and bust on my spelling,gramar and shit like that in so sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by foamypirate View Post
              Bad idea. Don't get a clutch from the junkyard.
              Yea that's a really bad idea.

Originally posted by lordoja
              im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

hahah i was just saying it would be really really cheap but 100$ isnt bad either

Comment

from the money youd spend on one at a junkyard it wouldnt nessicerilybe a bad idea just time consuming..

Comment

Originally posted by agol View Post
                    from the money youd spend on one at a junkyard it wouldnt nessicerilybe a bad idea just time consuming..
                    yes...this is a very bad idea...that is one thing you don't want to cheap out on...and as long as you are not planing on racing your car right now then that autozone clutch should be just fine...make sure you get your flywheel turned.

If you are planning on putting some power down on that car...spend a little extra cash on a mild racing clutch...like a stage 2 or something...good luck
                    "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
                    ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
                    US Navy Electrician
                    Contact me if you need help on the side.
                    '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
                    '01 Civic LX
                    '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

Originally posted by drkshdw107 View Post
                      ...make sure you get your flywheel turned.

???????????? can you elaborate on that a little more dude. please?

Comment

Bring your transmission in, plop it up on the counter. The autozone guy will put his finger on one of the flywheel teeth and spin it around in circles. It can only go around 2 full times. The closer you get to 1.00 the better.

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post
                          Bring your transmission in, plop it up on the counter. The autozone guy will put his finger on one of the flywheel teeth and spin it around in circles. It can only go around 2 full times. The closer you get to 1.00 the better.
                          HAHAHAHA...sorry...i should say be sure to get your flywheel "MACHINED"...any of your local machine shops or transmission shops can do it for you...just remove it off the crankshaft after you pull the trans and bring it to wherever you plan to take it...call around to get the best price.

Unless you don't plan on doing it yourself...then just take your new clutch kit to the shop that is doing the repair...but its not that hard as long as you have a jack and some jack stands, and a decent set of tools...good luck
                          Last edited by drkshdw107; 03-22-2010, 02:43 PM.
                          "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think I can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy." --President John F. Kennedy

ASE Master Automotive Technician
                          ASE Master Med/Heavy Truck Technician
                          US Navy Electrician
                          Contact me if you need help on the side.
                          '92 Accord DX (For Sale)
                          '01 Civic LX
                          '00 Tahoe

Greatest Rally Video Ever

Comment

to the op. i just rememered, since the clutch and flywheel are gonna be out, please make sure to inspect the rear main seal.

its rite behind the flywheel. its a 20 seal from the dealer.

please please please check that cuz sometimes they can go bad at the perfect time...

youll be more happy than a person in hell with a cup of cold water, having your clutch and flywheel in, everything is fine, then all of a sudden your shit is leaking, then youll have to take it all apart again just for a seal that cost 20 dollars from the dealer.
                            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
                            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
                            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
                              its rite behind the flywheel. its a 20 seal from the dealer.

please please please check that cuz sometimes they can go bad at the perfect time...
                              I APPRECIATE ALL THIS INFO FROM EVERYONE. my dad is 66, he has done mechanics wrecker service, the guys an all around work aholic so i know some things and i can do it, it just really helps for the technical info. big thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X