Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

suspension helpp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspension helpp?

want to slammm my cb7, and wanted to get it aligned properly so i wont go through tires every month, i was told to get adjustable cams front and rear, is this all or should i get other stuff? please let me know

Tasauto.com has some nice upper control arms with adjustable cams installed for the front and for the back all you really need is a longer bolt and some washers. There should be a DIY here for that.

Comment

Megan Racing makes a rear kit.

And it has nothing to do with "cams". Camber is what you mean... camber is the sideways tilting angle of your wheels... when you lower your car, your wheels do this / ---- \ and you will wear out the inside of your tires.

If you want to lower your car, you need these things:

Quality springs (not cheap $50 ebay garbage... expect to pay $200 or so for springs that are safe)

Quality shocks matched to your springs (if you want to "slammm", and that tells me exactly what your mentality is... you're going to need GOOD shocks, such as Koni Yellows... cheap stock replacements will be dangerous, and original 18 year old shocks will be a death sentence)

A good camber kit. Again, no cheap ebay crap. Cheap parts will break, and cause you to crash. Ingalls or SPC are the only brands you should be looking at. The TASauto kit is the best option, and it comes with all new control arms with an Ingalls ball joint kit installed. Megan Racing works for the rear.

finally, you need a proper alignment done by someone that knows how to adjust your camber kit. Unless you want to buy new tires in about 3000 miles.

If you can't afford these things, you can't afford to "slammm" your car. If you want to halfass something, halfass something that isn't going to put your life at risk when it fails.

Comment

Not to mention you get toe out when you lower a car which will wear out the inside tread the most. Make sure you get that checked fixed too.
        1990 Accord four door EX + JDM H22A + JDM LSD H22 trans: Born 08/01/2003 - Killed 11/12/2008

1992 Accord four door LX + JDM H22A = New project.

Comment

Originally posted by olock13bt View Post
          Not to mention you get toe out when you lower a car which will wear out the inside tread the most. Make sure you get that checked fixed too.
          Yeah, I kinda said that...

Comment

Working...
          X