Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

90 accord dx problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

90 accord dx problems

When i was on the way back from Wisconsin, my Accord started to have problems.

i would lose power and each time i step on the gas it wont rev up or go. the RPM would drop and slowly the car dies. then i'm able to start it back up again. all ignition and electronics are working fine.

at first i changed the valve cover gaskets cause oil was going into the spark plugs. but it didnt work.

i've notice that i lose some oil going on the way to WI when i've checked to see if my fluid levels were OK. seems like there's a oil leak in the back of the oil filter. i've change the oil right before snow hit. this car is barely driven.

i've added more oil to the motor. i've open up the valve cover and didnt find any coolant around. so its no a head gasket problem.

this is a daily driven car

could this be a Fuel problem or Oil pressure problem cause i'm getting different answers from everyone. i just want to find what the problem causes are before i start spending money on it to make it driveable again.
    Last edited by s13silvia; 03-16-2010, 11:43 PM.

is there spark? any CEL? ummm fuel filter???? need some more info on these....

.My Ride.

Comment

if you read everything it says all ignition and electronics are working.

i'm not getting any engine codes

Comment

i did read but i thought id check n see if it was ignition coil cuz that just happened to my corolla worth a shot lol

honestly i have no clue....maybe oil or fluid is leaking into the chamber????

that happened to me too...crack n the block so when it go hot it would expand and it would flood on the piston and it couldnt move :/

.My Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by s13silvia View Post
          this car is barely driven.

this is a daily driven car
          contradicting???

i wanna say fuel filter since you made it home...try that maybe

.My Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by renegade28x View Post
            i did read but i thought id check n see if it was ignition coil cuz that just happened to my corolla worth a shot lol

honestly i have no clue....maybe oil or fluid is leaking into the chamber????

that happened to me too...crack n the block so when it go hot it would expand and it would flood on the piston and it couldnt move :/
            if it was a crack block i would notice the change and the difference. i am still able to start the car up but once i step on the it wont rev up or if i go into first gear it wont go further then a foot and then the motor dies so i have to start it up again.

i've changed just about every little thing from starter, alternator, Main relay, distributor, ignition coil, distributor cap, almost all the gaskets besides head gasket and rear main seal. so that this car would run perfectly even oil changes about 2-3 months even if i didnt drive 3000k miles.
            Last edited by s13silvia; 03-17-2010, 12:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by renegade28x View Post
              contradicting???

i wanna say fuel filter since you made it home...try that maybe
              i'm going to try that cause i know i've havent changed it for 3 years since i have a new fuel filter sitting the car. since the car died on me 3 times on the way back from WI to MN, 6 hour drive.

sorry i'm not really a Honda person i just drive one and know how to maintain my cars besides my track beast that sits in the garage
              Last edited by s13silvia; 03-17-2010, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X