Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

shock absorbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quaidum View Post
    you can crash and either possibly kill yourself or some innocent person
    Definitely..

Especially you already have one blown , chain reaction of blowing shocks will occur sooner or later. (Speaking from experience)

You will not have total control when all shocks are blown.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
    1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
    2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
    2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
    2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
    2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

The camber kit will allow your wheels to be properly aligned so your tires don't wear out on the inside in 5,000 miles.

The shocks keep your tires on the ground. By running blown shocks, or shocks that aren't made to be lowered, you're significantly decreasing your ability to keep your car on the road. Turning, braking, etc... Under hard braking, blown shocks will literally allow the tires to leave the road. Tires that are bouncing off of the pavement won't stop your car when you hit the brakes.

In short... you will crash.
      Replace your shocks with proper shocks that are made to be lowered. YES, it will cost money. If you can't afford it, replace them with stock replacements, and put your stock springs on.

This kind of ignorance could cost you your life. Don't ever mess with your suspension or brakes until you know exactly what you're doing. If you want to go cheap and halfass things, do it to the engine. At least then, all you'll do is blow it up and your car won't run anymore.

Halfassing your suspension could result in you killing yourself or someone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
        Definitely..

Especially you already have one blown , chain reaction of blowing shocks will occur sooner or later. (Speaking from experience)

You will not have total control when all shocks are blown.
        \\oh nooo i dont want that to happen especially since i have the baby in the back !

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=157630

Comment

Originally posted by Whieroman View Post
          \\oh nooo i dont want that to happen especially since i have the baby in the back !
          Get it done my friend. Don't want the little one and the family to suffer.
          Better to be safe than highly sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
            The camber kit will allow your wheels to be properly aligned so your tires don't wear out on the inside in 5,000 miles.

The shocks keep your tires on the ground. By running blown shocks, or shocks that aren't made to be lowered, you're significantly decreasing your ability to keep your car on the road. Turning, braking, etc... Under hard braking, blown shocks will literally allow the tires to leave the road. Tires that are bouncing off of the pavement won't stop your car when you hit the brakes.

In short... you will crash.
            Replace your shocks with proper shocks that are made to be lowered. YES, it will cost money. If you can't afford it, replace them with stock replacements, and put your stock springs on.

This kind of ignorance could cost you your life. Don't ever mess with your suspension or brakes until you know exactly what you're doing. If you want to go cheap and halfass things, do it to the engine. At least then, all you'll do is blow it up and your car won't run anymore.

Halfassing your suspension could result in you killing yourself or someone else.

so what brand of shocks should i get ?

Comment

Holy shit, you're driving around with a baby?

FIX THAT CAR PROPERLY NOW. Endangering your own life by being stupid is one thing... endangering your child's life is another.

At the very least, get proper shocks and an alignment. If you don't get the camber kit, keep an eye on the inside of your tires. They will wear out, and they will wear out fairly quickly. The middle will still seem fine, because you're riding on the inside (when you lower your car, your wheels do this / \ and you ride on the inside of the tires)
              When the inner edge of the tire wears out, the tire is done. Treat it as a dangerously bald tire, and replace it. If you're really low, expect under 10,000 miles.

Comment

so what brand of shocks should i get ?
                I suggest Koni. Even their cheaper STR-T model will be a hell of a lot better than just about anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
                  Get it done my friend. Don't want the little one and the family to suffer.
                  Better to be safe than highly sorry.
                  would it be the same thing if i use the stock springs but cut em ???

Comment

Holy shit, you're driving around with a baby?

FIX THAT CAR PROPERLY NOW. Endangering your own life by being stupid is one thing... endangering your child's life is another.

At the very least, get proper shocks and an alignment. If you don't get the camber kit, keep an eye on the inside of your tires. They will wear out, and they will wear out fairly quickly. The middle will still seem fine, because you're riding on the inside (when you lower your car, your wheels do this / \ and you ride on the inside of the tires)
                    When the inner edge of the tire wears out, the tire is done. Treat it as a dangerously bald tire, and replace it. If you're really low, expect under 10,000 miles.
                    awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww man why didnt anyone tell me this before i lowered my car wtf !!! im so done with tunning my cb im going back stock !

Comment

That's even worse. Cutting the stock springs results in unpredictable behavior.

Honestly, I would get rid of those cheap coilovers and invest in something that's higher quality. Especially if you're trusting your baby's life to them.

Ground Control for coilovers... the ONLY ones I would trust (keep in mind you need to ge realigned every time you mess with the height)

Regular springs, which would be my preference... H&R, Neuspeed, Tein, Progress... If they're under $100 brand new on Ebay, they're garbage.

Comment

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww man why didnt anyone tell me this before i lowered my car wtf !!! im so done with tunning my cb im going back stock !
                        It doesn't mean you're done modding the CB. You just need the proper parts to deal with. Just raise the car a little bit depending on your drop. This will delay the time on blowing out the other shocks. But please do replace the blown one asap. Better yet , go back to stock and invest in a proper set-up.

Comment

Good. Replace all 4 shocks with quality stock replacements. If you can't afford to do it right, you can't afford to do it. Risking your own life is bad enough. Risking your baby's life is downright irresponsible.

Comment

I'm done with this thread.

Paul, please provide him with whatever advice he needs... you're more supportive than I am right now. I'm just getting angry at this point.

Comment

I'm done with this thread.

Paul, please provide him with whatever advice he needs... you're more supportive than I am right now. I'm just getting angry at this point.

thanks deev for the advice though i greatly appreciated it !

i just wanna note that this is the first time ive ever modded any cars so please forgive me for the ignorance

Comment

Don't worry about it.

Deev is just tired. He takes care on all of us.

Anyway , replace the blown strut.

Comment

Working...
                                X