Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Questions about my CB7 (yes n00b stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about my CB7 (yes n00b stuff)

ok well i've been trying and trying to tune it and came to the conclusion today that maybe thats the way it is..

its slow as hell when it take's off, (like lacking power)

takes for ever to shift even when crusin.
    rpms are high as hell when semi-flooring it and awaiting the shift, from 1st to 2nd shift it shightly pulls to the right then picks up speed as it should have in 1st gear..

also now my steering is retarded..
    its easy as pie to turn right but its like theres not power steering when turning left (yes i bled the system)

please oh please help,
    thanks in advance

You're providing some lack of misinformation.

1. What motor are you running?
    2. by lacking power, what are you refering to?
    3. at what RPM's are you shifting at?

Have you done a full maintenance tune up?'
    What the miles on your car?
    is there any problems with your tranny?

And are you tunning a stock engine?
    Last edited by pedroalcala; 03-14-2010, 07:17 AM.

Comment

sounds like the tranny is going out...or bad fluid...more like low level to me or low pressure. When's the last time you changed the fluid?

try doing all the routine maintenance items.

as for the steering...could be a bad rack.
      ____

Comment

Nobody cares that it's a noob question. That's what this section is for. HOWEVER, please make your thread titles descriptive. This site isn't just for you... we expect the information provided to add to the searchable database of information... and nobody is looking for "noob question" when they search. Thanks.

What do you mean by "tune"?
        Are there any error lights on? Check engine light? Flashing S or D4 light (you didn't tell us which year your car is... it matters)

Give us information, and we can help.

Comment

hard steering in the left could be the piston that adds power to that direction of steer in the steering rack is leaking or possibly has a clogged valve (not too clear on what the valves do but I was looking at a schematic of the steering rack last month and I recall they exist and can get clogged)....are you leaking power steering fluid?

Comment

Are you talking about shifting in Sport mode or normal mode?

Comment

thats the one thing i like about the site is that the members on here have had the same problems with their cb7

Comment

Originally posted by Dabirdman View Post
                thats the one thing i like about the site is that the members on here have had the same problems with their cb7
                What's also great about this site is that the mods are smart enough to notice post whoring.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

it a 90 ex sedan, f22a1 171,xxx miles

the tuning im talking about is normal maintance well mixed with adjusting. the FITV, fixed the idle, was surging.
                  i just got the car a month or so ago an it ran horrible
                  the rpms not sure can get a video later
                  when i changed the plugs they where "normal" acording to the haynes manual
                  my trans to motor gasket lol looks like it might be missing, only need this trans to last till i can afford the 5spd swap. i know it leaks a little.. but i checked the fluid and wasnt low.

deev sorry for the title, at the time i couldn't think of one.. i guess it should have been like 'steering/performance/trans issues' lol idk..

thanks for the info and sorry for the lack of info

Comment

Originally posted by batever View Post
                    Are you talking about shifting in Sport mode or normal mode?
                    normal, i dont use sport

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                      What's also great about this site is that the mods are smart enough to notice post whoring.
                      He has 5 more to go before he reaches 0

Comment

well i guess everything is in running order.. i just need to replace some suspention parts. i got some oem rims and tires today from my uncle for free w00t. the ones i got now one of the spokes have a crack all the way through
                        idk why but i like the way it looks lowered on the stocks lol

Comment

Working...
                        X