Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Driver side seatbelt fix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Driver side seatbelt fix?

My driver side automatic seatbelt hasn't been working for the past two weeks. The belt is stuck in the forward position and the seatbelt light is blinking. I took it to a Honda dealership who wanted $94 dollars just to diagnose the problem, and would refund it if the issue was under warranty. I was told that most likely it wasn't under warranty because it is electronic. So needless to say, I passed.

So my options are to try to diagnose the problem myself.
    - The passenger side belt works fine
    - The door sensor that turns on the automatic door light (inside light) doesn't work on the driver's side door. It hasn't for a while, so I don't think that interferes with the automatic belt.

I stopped at a junkyard in CT and they want 35 for a used module that is under the passenger side. Should I fix this item first?

Thanks for the help.

First, check the fuse.
    Then check to make sure your plugs haven't been disconnected under the passenger seat.
    Go to the JY and get the door switch that doesn't work. I know you don't think it's the problem, and it may not be, but it also could be.
    Then call the Dealership and tell them that you were informed that seat belt repairs are a lifetime warranty from Honda (except in cases of intentional abuse or water damage) and were supposed to be repaired free of charge since it's a vital safety feature of the car.

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
      First, check the fuse.
      Then check to make sure your plugs haven't been disconnected under the passenger seat.
      Go to the JY and get the door switch that doesn't work. I know you don't think it's the problem, and it may not be, but it also could be.
      Then call the Dealership and tell them that you were informed that seat belt repairs are a lifetime warranty from Honda (except in cases of intentional abuse or water damage) and were supposed to be repaired free of charge since it's a vital safety feature of the car.
      I tried to get them to work on my car for that same reason, however they stated that the automatic seatbelts don't affect its function if it doesn't retract to the forward position. Of course, JTM's is stuck in the forward position, so maybe he will get a different answer.

Comment

The fuse is good, I'll check the JY for the door sensor.

Thanks.

Comment

UPDATE: I took off the door sensor and cleaned it. I re-installed and if I flick it a certain way it will work. I still plan on picking up one from a JY though. The next step I did was I manually pulled the auto seatbelt nob (where the belt actually plugs in) and pulled it up the track about 3 inches. I shut my door and it went back into the forward position.

So that seems to tell me that the motor is still good.

Is it dangerous to try to pull the nob all the way back into the other position (not retracted, but rather so it'd be against my chest)?

Thanks,
          JTM

Comment

The door sensor is where the door latches when you close it?

Right next to the seat in the plastic on the frame, there is a hole where you can insert a hex key to move the seatbelt forward.

Comment

Originally posted by 415cb7 View Post
              The door sensor is where the door latches when you close it?

Right next to the seat in the plastic on the frame, there is a hole where you can insert a hex key to move the seatbelt forward.
              UPDATE: I bought a JY door sensor, didn't work. Took it about and grinded down the contacts, works now . However, seatbelt still doesn't work. And is the Hex key on the pillar?

Comment

make sure that the track of it doesn't have anything in there...that happened to a 91 sedan i had...there was some of the rubber flap that protects the track in it..

Comment

Originally posted by cb7_ex_coupe View Post
                  make sure that the track of it doesn't have anything in there...that happened to a 91 sedan i had...there was some of the rubber flap that protects the track in it..
                  I'll check that in the morning. Does anyone happen to have a picture of where the hex key slot is so I can freely move the seatbelt?

Comment

UPDATE: Today I found the hex hole and manually moved the belt. I brought it to the top and closed my door, the seatbelt went to the front of the car once I re-opened the door like usual. However, it won't retract against me when I close the door or start the car like it should. And I also still have a seatbelt light blinking.

Fuses are all checked, door sensor works, etc. Should I go to the JY and buy a module under the passenger side seat? Please respond asap so I can go to the JY while it's nice out!

Thanks.

Comment

I have the exact same problem, as I stated earlier, except backwards and on the passenger side. Any help would be appreciated from my end as well.

Comment

I have the exact same problem, as I stated earlier, except backwards and on the passenger side. Any help would be appreciated from my end as well.
                        I went to the junk yard and purchased a seatbelt modue (under the passenger side seat) for $10 and that fixed my issue! Hope that helps.

Thanks everyone for the input!

JTM

Comment

Does that module control both sides? Also, which is the door switch/sensor? Is it the part that latches the door onto the frame to lock?

Comment

Does that module control both sides? Also, which is the door switch/sensor? Is it the part that latches the door onto the frame to lock?
                            From my experience yes, the module seemed to control both sides. The door switch/sensor is right when you open the door. It's an L-shaped black piece that pushes in and out depending on if the door pushes against it etc. It turns the interior lights on if it's working correctly when a door is open.

Comment

Working...
                            X