Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

from f22b1 back to f22a1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from f22b1 back to f22a1

When I bought my accord I bought all messed up some dude put on a mickie moused body kit wit a shit load of bolts holding it together. It had this f22b1 in it just wit out the vtec hooked up. I like the boost from the vtec but when I had my old accord it had the f22a1 and honestly I felt a better pick up. Then thing but again I had it tuned and everything and I have this fresh f22a1 in my backyard just sitting there wat should I do go non vtec or stay vtec I got everything and don't got money to waste right now?

IMO the b1 is a POS. If you've got a fresh a1, hit up this thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154 - drop it in your ride and enjoy being back on the quicker side of the F series.

Comment

Why is the b1 a POS?

According to wikipedia the b1 has 145 hp and 147 torque thats more than the a1/a4/a6/a7 and it revs up 5,500 rpm which is higher than a1 and a4... (a6/a7 rev up slightly higher)
      My ride

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=154423

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
        IMO the b1 is a POS. If you've got a fresh a1, hit up this thread - http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154 - drop it in your ride and enjoy being back on the quicker side of the F series.
        I have the similar setup. Click on the link below my sig
        91-accord

watch quick clip: 10-80 mph

Comment

Originally posted by Puertorican CB7 View Post
          Why is the b1 a POS?

According to wikipedia the b1 has 145 hp and 147 torque thats more than the a1/a4/a6/a7 and it revs up 5,500 rpm which is higher than a1 and a4... (a6/a7 rev up slightly higher)
          Acutally, I'd take an f22a over f22b1 any day.
          91-accord

Comment

the f22a sohc non vtec head flows 10x better than the f22b1 vtec head. yes, it makes slightly more power, but it does not repond as well to mods IMO. Also, the sohc vtec engines were not performance oriented vtec, but rather economy based vtec.
            2010 Taurus SHO - Livernois Goodies
            2002 BMW 330 CI Convertible - HUNK OF JUNK

Comment

Originally posted by Javi-jav View Post
              When I bought my accord I bought all messed up some dude put on a mickie moused body kit wit a shit load of bolts holding it together. It had this f22b1 in it just wit out the vtec hooked up. I like the boost from the vtec but when I had my old accord it had the f22a1 and honestly I felt a better pick up. Then thing but again I had it tuned and everything and I have this fresh f22a1 in my backyard just sitting there wat should I do go non vtec or stay vtec I got everything and don't got money to waste right now?
              Yea, I've noticed that too. I think it is the motor mount design. Probably the torque strut mount located in the front. IMO it does look like the cd chassis has a sturdier design (SUPERIOR) over the cb's. Cd's torque strut mount doesn't seem to have as much pivoting motion than Cb's. That could be why it feels less torquey, but it's probably for the best anyway.
              91-accord

Comment

Originally posted by chessboxer View Post
                the f22a sohc non vtec head flows 10x better than the f22b1 vtec head. yes, it makes slightly more power, but it does not repond as well to mods IMO. Also, the sohc vtec engines were not performance oriented vtec, but rather economy based vtec.
                I see.... thats the kind of explanation I was looking for..
                Thanks

F22a is my favorite single cam engine... and I have driven a lot of single cam cars..

just my 2 cents
                My ride

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=154423

Comment

Originally posted by Puertorican CB7 View Post
                  Why is the b1 a POS?

Funny, my a1 redlines at 6200, that seems higher than 5500 to me. The a1 head flows infinitely better than the b1. The a6 makes almost those numbers stock, and can produce much higher numbers easily with bolt ons.

Trust me. The f22a series is a much better decision. Search on the site for f22b1 threads, or look up bisimoto engineering and see what he's done with an f22ax and see what I mean. The b1 is an economy vtec engine.

My f22a1 eats them all the time, with IHE, p12 and a stage one cam. The b1 just isn't the choicest motor for building.

Comment

Working...
                  X