Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22A6 ECU swap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A6 ECU swap?

i wanna get the additional 3-5hp what do i need to swap the ecu's? whats an IAB? also would the p12 ecu from the prelude S work better?

i kinda need a diy for swaping ECUs i dont want to f*ck up my car. do i just unplug n plug or do i need something in particular besides the ECU?
    Last edited by P3dr0; 03-10-2010, 06:31 PM.
    1992 Honda Accord Lx
    [/I][/I][/I]

yea the p12 from a prelude would make it run rich

Comment

If you have the f22a6, the ECU in it is superior to the p12 for that engine. The p12 really only benefits the f22a1 and a4. It doesn't take into account the lightly wilder camshaft in the a6, and it doesn't operate the IAB (Intake Air Bypass - like the secondary butterflies on a four barrel carb. They close at lower rpms to aid torque, but open up at higher RPMS to aid HP).

You can get a tunable ECU (I think the P06, but I'm not positive) and have it tweaked for your particular engine, But you're talking about the cost of the ECU, plus the cost of having it chipped and tuned and dyno time for the tuning.

I'd stick with what you have until you've done all the basic bolt-ons and can't really go much further.
      Last edited by visualpoet; 03-10-2010, 07:00 PM.

Comment

The ECU should not be one of the first things you mess with. Concentrate on things you understand first.

Comment

I have a 92 accord ex. and i wen i bought it the seller gave me a chip saying that it will give 10-15 hp. the chip plugs in underneath the steering wheel almost under the dash on the driver side. idk if this true or what. and the guy said it came with the car when they bought it back in 92. im the 2nd owner. IDEAs Please?

Comment

Originally posted by rOmphUk View Post
            I have a 92 accord ex. and i wen i bought it the seller gave me a chip saying that it will give 10-15 hp. the chip plugs in underneath the steering wheel almost under the dash on the driver side. idk if this true or what. and the guy said it came with the car when they bought it back in 92. im the 2nd owner. IDEAs Please?
            First idea: DON'T THREADJACK. Start your own thread if you have a question that doesn't affect the topic at hand.

Second idea: HE WAS LYING. There is nothing under the dash that you can swap out that's worth any horsepower. He probably told you that so you would pay a little more for the car.

Comment

Working...
            X