Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

rear b2010 Hyundai Genesis Brembos bolt right up on my CB7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear b2010 Hyundai Genesis Brembos bolt right up on my CB7

I need a 4x114.3, diameter 12.6 two front Rotors. The face thickness I am confused about. Tell me what you think?

Should I keep 4 lugs or turn them into 5 lugs. Also, does anybody know if the calipers in the front are the same distance as in the rear of the 92, 93 accord disk in the rear. I was thinking of going to the junkyard to buy OEM rear cb7 disk, but I need to know if they are the same distance, then I will get custom rotors..
    Last edited by ExplodingCake; 03-10-2010, 01:52 AM.

are this a joke? maybe you could find rotors the right size from a big brake kit, or find some close and have them machined

cool find, howd you decide to just try this, did it come to you in a dream?

Comment

wait....wtf?
      Idk the size, but you can try the 92-96 Prelude VTEC rotor, its larger than stock.
      The 91+ accord wagon uses the same rotor

If you went 5 lug...holy crap! The car uses the same lug pattern! 5x114.3
      Depending on the hat height you could swap the...ooo this is exciting.
      Ill get more specs
      From the picture above, it looks like the Genesis rear rotor could be swapped onto a 98-02 Accord V6 front knuckle
      98-02 Accord front knuckles are a direct swap my man!
      If you got the calipers then try the rotors too!
      Thanks man!
      Only downside I can see is the Hyundai Symbol is printed on the caliper

PS, where did u get these? This car is so new
      Last edited by CB7Man; 03-10-2010, 05:13 AM.
      Your man for wiring solutions!
      CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
      CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

Sweet! Good job working that all out.

I have been working on getting my stock Integra Type-R four piston Brembos on my Cb7 for the last few days and with very little modification they fit right on. The only thing you need is a spacer, because Honda/Acura dont make a rotor that will allow for a perfect fit. After you figure that out you have to find a wheel that has the perfect offset to allow clearance, which has been my biggest problem. Once I get the right wheel I will be ready to go. Oh and I am using Prelude Vtec rotors and 350z pads.
        1990 Accord four door EX + JDM H22A + JDM LSD H22 trans: Born 08/01/2003 - Killed 11/12/2008

1992 Accord four door LX + JDM H22A = New project.

Comment

idk, but to me something just doesn't look right in regards to fitment...

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

LOL i say try and disfigure the Hyundai emblem so it looks like its just the paint thats stripping.
            '91 Concord Metallic Blue. Status: under construction

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
              idk, but to me something just doesn't look right in regards to fitment...
              That's what I was thinking...
              R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

damnnn if this actually works, im gonna b visiting the hyundai dealership soon =D props to u man
                1992 Honda Accord Lx
                [/I][/I][/I]

Comment

just tried it and the rears works great on the front what washer in between

Originally posted by scudweiser View Post
                  are this a joke? maybe you could find rotors the right size from a big brake kit, or find some close and have them machined

cool find, howd you decide to just try this, did it come to you in a dream?
                  calipers and now they don't rub meaning rotors..

Comment

I want more details before im believing this

Comment

Thank you it does works

Originally posted by P3dr0 View Post
                      damnnn if this actually works, im gonna b visiting the hyundai dealership soon =D props to u man

and yes I willget new rotors lol

Comment

Well Believe Pedro

Originally posted by Tippey764 View Post
                        I want more details before im believing this

Comment

I want the Bentley third eye light install in my car

Originally posted by CB7Man View Post

wait....wtf?
                          Idk the size, but you can try the 92-96 Prelude VTEC rotor, its larger than stock.
                          The 91+ accord wagon uses the same rotor

If you went 5 lug...holy crap! The car uses the same lug pattern! 5x114.3
                          Depending on the hat height you could swap the...ooo this is exciting.
                          Ill get more specs
                          From the picture above, it looks like the Genesis rear rotor could be swapped onto a 98-02 Accord V6 front knuckle
                          98-02 Accord front knuckles are a direct swap my man!
                          If you got the calipers then try the rotors too!
                          Thanks man!
                          Only downside I can see is the Hyundai Symbol is printed on the caliper

PS, where did u get these? This car is so new
                          lol

Comment

musa good job, but like everyone said something just doesnt look right. Does that brake pad grab the whole rotor? i love seein stuff like this, but i need more before im a belever

Comment

the Prelude VTEC rotors are 11.2" to the best of my knowledge. 92-95 use the 4x114.3 and the 96+ use 5x114.3.

How much space is there between the outside edge of the rotor and the caliper? You mentioned that they came off of a 12.6" rotor...

I'm wondering if the Genesis caliper mounts on the knuckles are furthe out from the center of the wheel allowing a larger rotor... What size rotor would it take to fill the entire caliper and get the most braking power out of this setup?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X