Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheels

Hello new to the site,awsome one at that.I was wondering if you could help me out.I am going to pick up some new rims Evo 7's 17'' with 205/50 R 17's.My questions are ,How is the ride with 17's,will the tires rub when people are in the back.I have a chance to get the same rims but with 215/45R 17's for $400 cheaper is the ride more rough with the 45's.Thanks for your help.Sorry if in the wrong section.

Originally posted by 91 cb7 ex-r View Post
    Hello new to the site,awsome one at that.I was wondering if you could help me out.I am going to pick up some new rims Evo 7's 17'' with 205/50 R 17's.My questions are ,How is the ride with 17's,will the tires rub when people are in the back.I have a chance to get the same rims but with 215/45R 17's for $400 cheaper is the ride more rough with the 45's.Thanks for your help.Sorry if in the wrong section.
    I ran 17's with 215/45 tires and the ride quality was fine. It's actually not too much different from stock. When I put my stock wheels back on I noticed a difference, but it wasn't anything astronomical. I say go with the 215/45s.
    R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Sweet thanks.No rubbing in the front either,sorry for the lame questions also the right height is still stock .......for now.

Comment

Originally posted by 91 cb7 ex-r View Post
        Sweet thanks.No rubbing in the front either,sorry for the lame questions also the right height is still stock .......for now.
        Nope, no rubbing, and I am lowered 2-2.5 inches. So you shouldn't have a problem at all, being that you are stock height.

Comment

Smokin daddys gettin some new shoe'sThanks alot man.

Comment

No problem.

Comment

post pics whenever u get them put on

Comment

205/45 on 17x7

No rubbing at all.

1999 BMW M3
                2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                  205/45 on 17x7

No rubbing at all.
                  Josh, that thing is fuckin' slammed bro.

Comment

looks nice what setup are u using and if u dont mind me asking how much something like that run you?

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                      Josh, that thing is fuckin' slammed bro.
                      Originally posted by Dabirdman View Post
                      looks nice what setup are u using and if u dont mind me asking how much something like that run you?
                      Thanks! Megan Racing sleeves on stock shocks. They were on the car when I bought it. I'll be getting Koni shocks in the VERY near future.

The car will also be about an inch lower all around when I get new shocks too

1999 BMW M3
                      2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                      2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                      2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Waaay back when I was dropped on 17's with 215/45/r17 tires. No rubbing.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
                          Waaay back when I was dropped on 17's with 215/45/r17 tires. No rubbing.
                          You coulda put 20''s in that gap!!!

lol, i keed.

1999 BMW M3
                          2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
                          2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
                          2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
                            You coulda put 20''s in that gap!!!

lol, i keed.
                            Lol, yea. I'm not a fan of these KYB struts I'm on with TEIN S-Techs. I'll be getting some Koni yellows soon so it should be lower. It's funny, there's a much smaller gap when I'm on the stock EX wheels. We'll see what it looks like with my new 16"s I just bought...oops, just gave something away.

Plus, I couldn't have gone much lower with that lip. I would have lost it way earlier than I did on these shitty MI roads.

Comment

nice ride joshm! id go with the 215/45s i got a 2.2 drop and even with dips and bumps theres no rubbing.if your gnna lower it dnt forget your camer so you dnt eat up the tires. good luck.hope to see the pics latr!

Comment

Working...
                              X