Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Code Red..I mean 43

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes it will be lighter[whiter ] when it`s more advanced,, and this is your thread you can change it if you want too
    Last edited by Teddy; 03-12-2010, 02:39 AM.

Comment

I see.

I installed my o2 sensor, and it ran great...I mean great...drove it for a while and it starts to get sluggish...When I first installed the o2 sensor it would rev so clean and pull very hard, but now after driving it for today it is not "burning clean" seems to be rich...

Some other wierd shit that happened is when you hold it to the floor, and it seems to happen in drive, it goes frm say 4600 and slips to 4900 rpms...I let off immedietly i dont let it slip or anything...

It seems as if it is still running too rich!!!(like...maybe the IAB's are always open or something?) but it makes very little power it is running so rich..
      you can tell by the sound coming out of the exhaust the explosions occuring in the engine are not as volatile as they should be. when I first installed the o2 sensor the exhaust had a crisp sound now its a "muffled" (lol) sound, as if it were being exhaust into a pillow...(its burning rich, ok!? lol :P)

ideas? input?

it quit throwing the CEL code 43, no codes as of now........
      I am going to pull my plugs and look at them and change my transmission fluid since it tried to slip.

very little oil is dripping on the exhaust (a few drops per drive probably...) still havent added oil to the motor since changing th eoil a week ago and it is still right at full, to give you an idea of how much oil is dripping.
      anyway where it is dripping is bout half a foot before the o2 sensor, i dont know if this is related or not, but i hope not.......(sorta)

i dont think the oil dripping on the outside of the exhaust pipe is affecting the o2 sensor inside the exhaust...but i figured i would throw that in there.

this bums me out

Comment

plugs are still brand new

tranny fluid is dirty but i dont think this will contribute to the running rich...maybe the slipping sometimes...anyhow

please...help...

new plugs///wires////dizzy//o2 sensor (put it in last night WORKED GREAT)

today, not so great...

Comment

i meant i installed the o2 sensor last night and it fixed the problem..temprorarily...

i think its the smoke coming from the tad bit of oil dripping on my exhaust throwing my o2 sensor for aloop

edit: coming from above my oil filter...its not the valve cover though it doesnt seem because the top of my intake isnt oily, but on the timing belt side there is a square indentation on the aluminum and it has a small pool of oil in it, which may be coming from the valve cover by the cam...

but it looks like its just above the oil filter ..the oil sending unit or something like that..
          Last edited by kronikally420; 03-13-2010, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Replaced tranny fluid fixed the slipping issue...

Still have a very small oil leak somewhere that is eventually (SLOWLY) dripping on the exhaust, burning, causing smoke, and throwing my O2 sensor for a loop. In my little head that is what is going on...

Comment

what the hell is throwing it for a loop? like putting it into open loop? i can asure you that burning oil on exhaust wont put the ecu into open loop.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Working...
              X