Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Will CD5 struts work on my CB7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will CD5 struts work on my CB7?

Hey guys I just had a curiosity question for you. I found this great deal on some aftermarket CD5 struts and springs (the whole assembly) from a guy in my area have very few miles on them and I was just wondering if they would bolt right up into my '91?

Thanks in advance guys for any info.
    Originally posted by 92jdm
    if you have any mechanical inclination, it should be easier than a drunk highschool girl after prom.

If it's the 4 cylinder cd, yes, the v6, no.

Comment

Cool man thanks I really appreciate it. Would you also by any chance know how good KYB struts are? I get a whole bunch of mixed reviews when I search in google but none with a CB and I am just wondering how do they perform?
      Last edited by Chico Suave; 03-08-2010, 02:38 PM. Reason: Typo
      if you have any mechanical inclination, it should be easier than a drunk highschool girl after prom.

Comment

CD5 suspension will work. KYB's are good as far as what I heard. I would go some reseach on this site first before i buy.

Comment

KYBs are awesome as a stock replacement, but they don't last very long with lowering springs or anything of that matter.

Hey, how about dropping the CB on some nice springs like TEIN or H&R while you are in there changing the struts?
          R.I.P. Veronica - JDM F20A swapped 2.0 Si wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by CB7 Sleeper View Post
            KYBs are awesome as a stock replacement, but they don't last very long with lowering springs or anything of that matter.

Hey, how about dropping the CB on some nice springs like TEIN or H&R while you are in there changing the struts?
            Oh wow really do you know why they don't do good with lowering springs? As of right now I have Neuspeed lowering springs. I just thought this was a good deal and I had read some reviews that people liked them on their lowered cars. I have looked and there has been many mixed reviews on the sites that I have looked at. That's why I came to ask you guys what you thought.

So what are some good struts that can handle being on a lowered car?

And thanks for the replies guys I really appreciate it.

Comment

i have kyb agx's on mine and the left front strut just blew, they have about 3000 miles on them too if that helps you any, but im lowered about 4 inches

Comment

Originally posted by spanky348 View Post
                i have kyb agx's on mine and the left front strut just blew, they have about 3000 miles on them too if that helps you any, but im lowered about 4 inches
                They aren't meant to lowered more than 2 inches.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
                1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
                2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
                2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
                2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
                2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
                  well then i guess thats why

Comment

Originally posted by Konigstiger View Post
                    1.5, actually. The warranty is void after 1.5" for the KYB AGX.

KYB GR2s are basically stock replacement, only able to handle a slight drop and springs that are 15% stiffer than stock.

If you want to go lower than 1.5", look into Koni Yellows. They're not cheap, but they're made for performance (and lowered vehicles), and come with a lifetime warranty. The performance compared to KYB AGX is night and day, also (from personal experience).

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                      1.5, actually. The warranty is void after 1.5" for the KYB AGX.

KYB GR2s are basically stock replacement, only able to handle a slight drop and springs that are 15% stiffer than stock.

If you want to go lower than 1.5", look into Koni Yellows. They're not cheap, but they're made for performance (and lowered vehicles), and come with a lifetime warranty. The performance compared to KYB AGX is night and day, also (from personal experience).
                      Thank you deev I really appreciate the information I will have to look into those because the springs I got ended up being about a 5" drop lol at least i think... Long story

Comment

tokico shocks are def a good choice if your looking to do a drop kit. they have the kits pre-package but you can always do there adjustables with what ever springs you want.

Comment

Thank you BadIS I have heard of those too. Will they handle a 5" drop? Also if anyone knows do Koni Yellows or Tokico Blues have any different types like how KYB has the AGX, GR2, etc.

Sorry guys don't really know too much about suspension.

Comment

Working...
                          X