Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Humidity inside Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humidity inside Car

Hello everyone,

I have had my CB7 for about 8 months now.

Lately with the rains, my car is always foggy inside. When I turn on the heater, extremely humid air comes out of the vents which also fogs up the car almost instantly. I figured out that I can run the A/C which will dry the air, but I have to turn it on and off every once in a while which is getting tedious.

The windshield will also fog up after I turn on the engine and cruise around without turning on the air.

Is there any obvious place that I can check to see where water may be leaking in? I have not found any water on the floor or in the trunk.

There are also a couple of other things if anyone wants to take a stab at it.
    First, the trunk warning on the dash always appears to be on. It was infact draining my battery because it would leave the trunk light on 24/7. Removing the bulb fixed the draining issue, but the warning continues. Plus I would like to have light in the trunk again.

Second is the speedometer. I cleaned it, sanded it a little bit and reapplied the electric grease, but on really humid days the speedometer gets stuck. After shutting the car off and turning it on a few times it will usually start to work again, sometimes going crazy on the freeway going to zero and back to speed. Should I replace the whole VSS?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by 415cb7; 05-14-2010, 05:13 AM.

Get some rain guards, so you can crack your windows.
    Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
    Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
    Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
    Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
    Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

I'd almost bet you have the fresh air control set to recirculate, instead of fresh air. If I'm right, change it to fresh air.

Comment

Having the vents on fresh air, and the vent set to the defog setting, may help.

Running the AC helps, even if you don't do it at the full "cold" setting. My windows defog faster with the AC on, even with the temp knob set to warm.

Unfortunately, foggy windows seem to be a Honda trademark. I have a 2009 Fit, and even that suffers from fogginess!

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          Unfortunately, foggy windows seem to be a Honda trademark. I have a 2009 Fit, and even that suffers from fogginess!
          I've noticed that mostly happens to mouth breathers.

Comment

When your nose has been broken as many times as mine has... you have no choice! My schnoz is fo dekorashun only! And boogers.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I will try using the fresh air setting. I usually have both buttons set to off assuming that the settings were disabled. I will report back later on my findings. I believe it will be raining again tomorrow.

Any help on the others problems would be appreciated as well.

Comment

An update to this thread...

I set the vents to fresh air, and the problem was almost 100&#37; corrected. Very rarely, the inside will become humid again but it is nothing like before.

As far as the speedometer issue, I ended up getting a replacement at the Junkyard for about $16, installed it in the lot and drove home. Hasn't failed once since I got it, and its been about a month and a half.

I still have no solution for the trunk indicator on the dash. Still not sure how to tackle this problem...

Comment

Check the trunk switch is being depressed when you close the trunk.

Cant remember where but there is going to be a switch (similar to your door switches) that gets pressed when the trunk is closed.

This switch is either malfunctioning or not being pressed enough when the turnk is closed.

Check the wirings are good also.
                  Rides:

Accord
                  92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                  96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                  88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                  92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                  95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                  92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                  91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                  91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                  91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                  91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
                    Check the trunk switch is being depressed when you close the trunk.

Cant remember where but there is going to be a switch (similar to your door switches) that gets pressed when the trunk is closed.

This switch is either malfunctioning or not being pressed enough when the turnk is closed.

Check the wirings are good also.
                    Alright, so I checked the trunk latch. I believe this is where the switch you mention is located. I couldn't find anything resembling the door switches. The Pins show continuity when the latch is open, and then none when it is set to locked.

I moved up to the light fixture, and everything looks ok. I replaced the housing with another one, thinking that maybe the diode went bad, but the light just stays on as usual. Not sure where else to check at this point.

Comment

Working...
                    X