Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

replaced vehicle speed sensor 2X...speedometer still not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replaced vehicle speed sensor 2X...speedometer still not working

If anyone can offer me assistance I'd appreciate it. Since I got the car the speedo has'nt been working...read on here how several people have replaced their speed sensor and it worked...replaced mine with a new unit but did'nt work. I replaced it a 2nd time with a junkyard speed sensor...still nothing...I know the connector to the sensor is getting power...I was beginning to think the unit under the speed sensor was'nt functioning properly. Here's the setup as I'm sure many of you already know...I start the car...no check engine lites...I put it in D and start to move forward, then the check engine lite comes on and the S lite start to blink...if I stop and turn off the engine and restart it no lites until I start moving forward...

Did you make sure the little head key was in the gear mechanism part? They're small and have been known to get lost if you're not careful

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
      Did you make sure the little head key was in the gear mechanism part? They're small and have been known to get lost if you're not careful
      Yes it's in there...unless I have'nt been aligning it properly...

Comment

Originally posted by union76 View Post
        Yes it's in there...unless I have'nt been aligning it properly...

Yeah, make sure the little roll bolt / roll pin (dunno if that's the correct name for this part in english :P) is inside mechanism. If it is, and you've placed it properly, the VSS will be able to recieve information about vehicle speed and engine revs
        Last edited by knysha; 03-04-2010, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by knysha View Post
          Yeah, make sure the little roll bolt / roll pin (dunno if that's the correct name for this part in english :P) is inside mechanism. If it is, and you've placed it properly, the VSS will be able to recieve information about vehicle speed and engine revs
          Excellent thanks for the input...I'll take it off and make sure it's in there properly...I got that other piece that goes under the speed sensor from the junkyard today...that gear drive mechanism that goes into the transmission...just in case mine was broken...

Comment

UPDATE 3-8 I acquired that gear drive mechanism that turns the vehicle speed sensor just in case I needed it...well it turns out I don't but just in case I need one in the future I have it. I put in the car in N and rolled it back and forth a few times to make sure the unit in my car was turning which it was. I checked power to the sensor and I do have the 5V reference signal. I put that driver bit into the sensor and placed the other end in my drill so I could spin it to see if the speedo moved which it did'nt...so now I'm thinking maybe the speedo or transmission computer may be at fault...unless someone else has some ideas?

Comment

Check power going to the speedometer.

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
              1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
              2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
              2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
              2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
              2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

My lower housing is broken and causing the VSS to hop out of the tranny...

Click it.... You know you wanna
                Bought from:Joshy,H22WAGON93, nho93accord,90accordLXGUY,phantomCB7,Tommi

Comment

i would check to see if you getting singnal to the speed o guauge. i kno when mine went out, my odometer stopped working as well. does yours work?

Comment

Originally posted by BadIS View Post
                    i would check to see if you getting singnal to the speed o guauge. i kno when mine went out, my odometer stopped working as well. does yours work?
                    all right will do...nope the odometer does'nt work either...

Comment

If your speedo was working then it stopped then started working again (before you replaced the vehicle speed sensor - vss) it means your cluster is ok.

If you replaced the vss then your spedometer doesnt work its either a faulty vss or incorrectly replaced.

Make sure the two bolts hold it flush in place and that the vss is properly fitted.

Check the wire plug is fitted properly and that its not corroded.

I would also remove and refit the vss (if you dont have another) just to make sure its in properly.
                      Rides:

Accord
                      92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                      96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                      88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                      92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                      95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                      92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                      91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                      91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

I had the same issue, and I actually went thru 3 VSS before I found one that worked. Since it is such a common issue with Accords, I'd recommend finding another VSS and trying it out, especially if your replacing yours with a used one anyways.
                        29 MPG in town ~ ?? MPG Highway
                        Originally posted by deevergote
                        "how can I make my car unique, just like yours?"

Comment

wow lol

My VSS went out the other day too..wtf..maybe the weather did it..

Blah when I first replaced it when I got the car, I tried everything to try and diagnose it. Turns out the ground for it burned up and split on the driver side loom, I undid the whole loom of wire from the vss back till i found that split..spliced it back and its worked fine for ~2 years now. Now it is not and I am dreading having to mess with again. hoping I can go back to my splice and find maybe its corroded or w/e from the weather.

wish me luck

I know the VSS helps the trans shift, but if i drove it for a while w/o fixing it, would it put unneeded wear on the trans? It seems to shift fine, but Ive only gotten up to 40Mph so far

Oh and the replacement VSS was a new unit I got off of eBay..20 bucks i think..fooking ebay

Comment

That's interesting since my speedometer quits on me when it is really humid outside.
                            So far though, I haven't had problems with the car shifting when the speedometer isn't working. However, I usually just park somewhere to shut it down and turn it back on. Usually does the trick, or hitting the gas a little harder.

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                              My VSS went out the other day too..wtf..maybe the weather did it..

Blah when I first replaced it when I got the car, I tried everything to try and diagnose it. Turns out the ground for it burned up and split on the driver side loom, I undid the whole loom of wire from the vss back till i found that split..spliced it back and its worked fine for ~2 years now. Now it is not and I am dreading having to mess with again. hoping I can go back to my splice and find maybe its corroded or w/e from the weather.

wish me luck

I know the VSS helps the trans shift, but if i drove it for a while w/o fixing it, would it put unneeded wear on the trans? It seems to shift fine, but Ive only gotten up to 40Mph so far

Oh and the replacement VSS was a new unit I got off of eBay..20 bucks i think..fooking ebay
                              I'd change the vss first and see what happens.

I say vss first as its easier than fault finding the wires and isolates the problem so no unnecessary tedious wire tracing.

Get an oem one from the JY and if its not the problem at least you have a back up since you will be keeping your CB for years and years right.
                              Rides:

Accord
                              92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                              96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                              88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                              95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                              91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Working...
                              X