Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rear Camber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear Camber

Ok I plan on lowering my car 2.25" all around and I already have a front camber kit. My question is are these http://trendgears.com/ebay/TacoTacoN...ord9097-Bu.jpg an "OK" option for correcting camber in the rear. I have read about using washers to shim out the rear upper control arm and I am not entirely comfortable with that option. If these are not a "ok" choice then what should I really get?

Those will work fine AFAIK, however, the washers also work just fine and are perfectly safe. You can buy the kit with extended bolts and all or you can piece your own kit together with washers and bolts from the hardware store. The only pressure on the rear upper control arm is a push/pull force on the two mounting bolts so this method is just as safe as oem and much cheaper.
    My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Yeah just use washers. I just hit up the hardware store and get some slightly extended bolts (automotive grade) and washers for about 8 bucks. Has always worked fine with me, never had any problems what so ever.

Comment

Only reason I was looking at these is that I wanted to replace the upper arm so that I had new bushings and balljoints so these would solve everything in one shot anyway. I already have a new upper arm in front w/ ballljoints.

Comment

Well those rear camber kits are adjustable which is good if you have adjustable suspension like coilovers or something. Then u could adjust it whenever u adjust ur suspension. I've never used coilovers always had lowering springs so my suspension is pretty set so the washers where always a good choice for me. But I suppose if u need new rear bushings and all then it would be a good choice. And having the adjustable rear camber can't be a bad thing, even if u don't really need the adjustablilty.

Comment

I don't know anything about the quality of that kit, but the design appears to be good. As long as it's not made from crap parts, then it should be fine.

The washer trick is perfectly safe if you use automotive grade hardware. If you just use general hardware store bolts, you'd be introducing a potential weak spot to your suspension.

Honestly, I'd be up in the air about it... in fact, i am... because my rear tires are cupping, and I need to correct the camber before I buy a new set!

Comment

I will be at a set height(not adjustable) so not really worried about that part just wanted honest opinions on quality of the product.

Comment

Originally posted by Con25420 View Post
                I will be at a set height(not adjustable) so not really worried about that part just wanted honest opinions on quality of the product.
                I wouldnt buy anything suspension related from ebay. I am not familiar with that brand, but that store has a bad reputation. Megan Racing makes the same setup, and while they arent "top notch" they have a name and a reputation to uphold. I forget the price of their kit but it's resonable.

Comment

The problem with those adjustable arms is their straight shaft design may cause them to bind against the top of the knuckle where the upper ball joint mounts when the suspension is at full upward travel. If you're going to be dropped significantly this may become an issue. The oem upper arms are bent to prevent this binding. I think Megan Racing makes an adjustable upper that has a bend in it you may want to check out.
                  My Member's Ride Thread

Bisimoto header before & after dyno

1993 10th Anniversary: F22a6, H23IM, Bisimoto header, Custom mandrel exhaust, 5spd swap.

Comment

Ok While I haven't seen Megan Racing ones that are bent I did see SPC that were bent. This was also something that I was thinking about and had half a thought about binding at the balljoint because there were straight. Also would you say that 2.25" was a significant drop?

Comment

2.25" is mild.... but I think that's around where I am, and I'm having rear camber issues myself.

SPC is usually good... some of the best you can get for our cars. Megan Racing is generally a knockoff company, but I've never heard bad about their rear kits.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                        2.25" is mild.... but I think that's around where I am, and I'm having rear camber issues myself.

SPC is usually good... some of the best you can get for our cars. Megan Racing is generally a knockoff company, but I've never heard bad about their rear kits.
                        I have SPC's front and rear, no problems, seem very solid.

Comment

Working...
                        X