Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

92 accord restoring and upgrading.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

92 accord restoring and upgrading.

okay so at the moment i am in the process of getting ready for a swap on my 92 ex. i want to make the car run as smooth as i can so i am going to put a h22a in it along with a lsd. i am choosing to do this because the f22b that i have is in kinda rough shape and i dont know if it well last me much longer.as for the motor i well be going with hmotorsonline for getting the motor and tranny as the previous company i bought my current motor from isnt very reputable. so far i have a list of things i well be replacing while i do the swap that would be very good to replace to make it as reliable as possible.

1-h22a with lsd tranny (auto)
    2-timing belt
    3-water pump
    4-balance belt
    5-thermostat
    6-fuel injector o-rings
    7-valve cover gasket kit
    8-spark plugs
    9-oil filter
    10-92-96 prelude radiator hoses
    11-distributor car and rotor
    12-front and rear main seals
    13-front balance shaft seal
    14-cam plug seal
    15-camshaft seal
    16-transmission output seals
    17-alternator belt
    18-o2 sensor
    19- megan racing header for h22
    20-new axles
    Last edited by 92accordcb7ex; 03-01-2010, 12:01 PM.

i am now looking to maybe getting f&f type 1's or type 2's instead of the tas auto kit.

Comment

b4 you put any of the things listed above you should fix all those problems....and i see you listed alot of suspension parts whats wrong with your suspension...or do you just want it lowered?...

Comment

Originally posted by CB7InspiredSi View Post
        b4 you put any of the things listed above you should fix all those problems....and i see you listed alot of suspension parts whats wrong with your suspension...or do you just want it lowered?...
        the probelms are 1st priority believe me. and the suspension on my car is starting to feel sloppy and i just dont like how it feels while driving it so i want to replace alot of the suspension on it depending on the condition of the part. not all the parts in the list are final some i wont get. its pretty much a rough draft.

Comment

i would go over everthing before jumping in head first so you know what you are getting in to.

Comment

it can cost you even more if you try forcing things that can wait, instead of fixing the problems that already exist. If you do have a valve problem get it fixed first before you even think about any car parts.

Rush

Originally posted by Darkcloud
            Bought 3 things, 1 that goes boom,1 that shades and 1 to go fasrer
            Originally posted by bmxicansd
            so you got a boombox, sunglasses and rosettta stone?

Comment

well i am just going to continue to drive with this motor until i cant anymore and if and when it gives out on me i well be swapping in a h22a with a lsd tranny. i have about 4 thousand i can use for the swap and it should cover most of it for me without a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 92accordcb7ex View Post
                well i am just going to continue to drive with this motor until i cant anymore and if and when it gives out on me i well be swapping in a h22a with a lsd tranny. i have about 4 thousand i can use for the swap and it should cover most of it for me without a problem.
                Well knowing Hondas, that'll be another 5 years or so.

Couple of notes on the list tho:

if you're doing a fuel pump, go with the Walbro. It'll support anything you are likely to throw in there and you'll never have to worry about it limiting performance.

And stay away from nexens. The price is right but ride quality is terrible and they are loud as hell. Discount Tires (or tire rack) has Kumho AST's for around 80 a piece. Decent tire. Quiet and comfortable ride. Z rated too i think

Comment

Originally posted by brooklynkid1986 View Post
                  Well knowing Hondas, that'll be another 5 years or so.

Couple of notes on the list tho:

if you're doing a fuel pump, go with the Walbro. It'll support anything you are likely to throw in there and you'll never have to worry about it limiting performance.

And stay away from nexens. The price is right but ride quality is terrible and they are loud as hell. Discount Tires (or tire rack) has Kumho AST's for around 80 a piece. Decent tire. Quiet and comfortable ride. Z rated too i think
                  well all the plans that i had before are going to change as i am going to do the h22a swap. but yes if i do go with a fuel pump it would be smart for me to go with the walbro. i am going to be changing the first post with everything that i am going to change for the h22a swap.

Comment

Originally posted by cb7rush View Post
                    it can cost you even more if you try forcing things that can wait, instead of fixing the problems that already exist. If you do have a valve problem get it fixed first before you even think about any car parts.
                    I agree. Prioritise your spending. I suggest you spend your money in this order:

1) Top Priority = Repairs

2) Medium Priority = Preventative maintenance

3) Low Priority = Mods

My opinion only
                    Rides:

Accord
                    92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                    96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                    88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                    95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                    92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                    91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                    91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post
                      I agree. Prioritise your spending. I suggest you spend your money in this order:

1) Top Priority = Repairs

2) Medium Priority = Preventative maintenance

3) Low Priority = Mods

My opinion only
                      i agree with that order as well. which is why i am deciding to get rid of the main problem causer the f22b. i have had non stop problems since the motor was put into the car and i dont want to put so much money into the motor to only have it shit the bed in a short amount of time. i can send the same amount of money and just go with the h22 and do the swap the right way and replace all the things before i put it into the car.

Comment

Working...
                      X