Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

What turbo is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What turbo is this?

My brother in law just gave me a turbo, he didnt know what car it came out of and neither do i. it has Part numbers on the turbo and i have pictures included. I am clueless about this turbo that is why i decided to post it on the beginner section and maybe some turbo guru's can help me out on this one!

Obviously its a Garrett turbo....

Now this might possibly be off of a mitsubishi but idk. Hopefully i have myself a 14b

Rip It Up
    Sold to: nightime25, MyDianaz06, Accord214 and 408cb7

Bought from:Rob_is_Legend, MonoCB7, Fatboy1185, Flatline and busak87

i vouch for my Brothas

http://www.turbo-product.com/Garrett/TB2566.ASP

Also found this:
    1995 Eclipse GST MR187909

1999 BMW M3
    2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
    2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
    2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

Originally posted by JoshM View Post
      NO WAY

edit: Can i use this on my cb?
      i read one of SHADOW1's threads on dsm turbos but idk much about this one.....
      Last edited by Extacee; 02-20-2010, 04:37 PM.

Rip It Up

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

It's a t25 from the 2nd generation Eclipse. Smaller than the 14b.

Why do you hope it's a 14b? That is also too small for the F22A.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

didnt you have a 14b? And why would you say its too small for the f22a from personal experience. I could be mistaken but I recall you saying the 14b was fine at one point to someone else?

R.I.P> Ronald Murphy the best dad ever in life. YOu will be missed.

Comment

i was assuming that the 14b was "good" or good enough for our F22A's since i read 5 or so pages full of 14b being good to decent enough for our F22a's....

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...hlight=shadow1
            Last edited by Extacee; 02-20-2010, 04:52 PM.

Rip It Up

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
              i was assuming that the 14b was "good" or good enough for our F22A's since i read 5 or so pages full of 14b being good to decent enough for our F22a's....
              It will "run" the F22a. But it will be very hot.

It's good to start off on, but you'll definitely want to upgrade.

1999 BMW M3
              2001 Honda CR-V SE RT4WD
              2005 Chevrolet Tahoe Z71
              2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Comment

The 14B is what everyone started using when The dsm track was opened up on here, and it was considered OK.
                After everyone used it they realized how inefficient it was, and that the 16G was a better / safer option.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

so this turbo is not a good option then for a beginner, i just want decent boost not mad over the top boost maybe around 8-10 psi since this is a smaller turbo..

Rip It Up

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Originally posted by Extacee View Post
                    so this turbo is not a good option then for a beginner, i just want decent boost not mad over the top boost maybe around 8-10 psi since this is a smaller turbo..
                    As I said in another thread yesterday - Boost Psi is not relevant
                    10psi on a 14B is different to 10psi on a 16G.

You need Hp goals, not psi goals.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
                      As I said in another thread yesterday - Boost Psi is not relevant
                      10psi on a 14B is different to 10psi on a 16G.

You need Hp goals, not psi goals.
                      indeed sir, i understand i talked to turbo90accord and told him i would like to achieve 250+ HP. This turbo was given to me so i dont mind it being too small or whatever, i wouldn't mind dropping 300 bucks on a 16g but this turbo should suffice until i get enough money to go all out right? or are those numbers too high for the t25?

Rip It Up

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Originally posted by newyorkcb7ss View Post
                        didnt you have a 14b? And why would you say its too small for the f22a from personal experience. I could be mistaken but I recall you saying the 14b was fine at one point to someone else?
                        I have never had a turbo on my Accord.
                        The 14b is far too small. It will work, but it will create excess heat, which will eventually lead to engine damage.

Don't look at this turbo as "will it make enough power"... look at it as "will it damage my engine". You do NOT want a small turbo, because small turbos create heat. They also cause you to drive in boost most of the time, which is putting extra strain on the engine (and your wallet... more fuel).

Sell this turbo to someone with a smaller engine, and upgrade to a larger turbo.

Comment

I have never had a turbo on my Accord.
                          The 14b is far too small. It will work, but it will create excess heat, which will eventually lead to engine damage.

Don't look at this turbo as "will it make enough power"... look at it as "will it damage my engine". You do NOT want a small turbo, because small turbos create heat. They also cause you to drive in boost most of the time, which is putting extra strain on the engine (and your wallet... more fuel).

Sell this turbo to someone with a smaller engine, and upgrade to a larger turbo.
                          i think thats is what i will do, i'd rather not put my engine at harm since its my dd and my only means of transportation. Thanks Deev once again, how much do 16g turbos run at any how?

Rip It Up

i vouch for my Brothas

Comment

Boosting your only car is risky if you can't get by without it.

The 16g that you want is the "big" 16g from the Evo3. Look around on ebay. That's the best place to find them. Prices will vary. I'd spend the money on one that looks to be in good condition.

Comment

Hm. Nice lookin snail ya got. Although it's fun to boost your streetable DD, like Mike said I wouldn't recommend it, I've learned the hard way. I see the 14B's used on Civics often, namely D series.

life is good.

Comment

Working...
                              X