Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Motor Mount

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motor Mount

ok i bout a new cold air in take it dont fit battery in the way were air filter lays but im goin to sell that intake because my front motor mount is real bad when shifting into 2nd gear it starts jumping but i want to kno how hard is it to change out the motor mount?? its the one thats next to the header

My initial reaction to this post was to ignore your long run-on sentence with almost no punctuation.

First off, the intake will fit with a slight amount of modification. Many have done it.

Second, the motor mount. Remove 2 17mm bolts then remove the mount. (Edit: You might need a small extension and a swivel to get the lower bolt.) To install, reverse installation process.

The Hatch < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - My Cars - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > The Accord

Comment

fill your motor mount with 3m window weld from autozone. mine on my 3g prelude was completely broken and it was still salvagable and is in use to this day ( about 6 months later )

untie your battery and slide it as farrrrrr to the driver side as u can. u will have to grind out the small 1.5" hole to a 2-3" how ever big your CAI is. u can still cut the intake short and use it as a short ram rather than selling it.
      frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

3M window weld will work ill try that out then.. but how long do i leave it to sit an dry for

[QUOTE=honda_kid;2433245]My initial reaction to this post was to ignore your long run-on sentence with almost no punctuation.

First off, the intake will fit with a slight amount of modification. Many have done it.

uhh no it wont, FIRST OFF THE INTAKE DONT FIT LIKE I SAID AIR FILTER LAYS ON THE BATTERY theres a gap between the battery an old filter box was it dont go into that spot like it should im not some dumb guy who think i kno what im doin i kno what i be doin believe that...

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
          fill your motor mount with 3m window weld from autozone.
          A great band-aid for a problem that will need to be fixed again once the windo-weld breaks down in a year. Your better off getting real mounts or buying polyurethane inserts.

My Wiretuck/ Insane engine bay
          member ride thread
          11.86@120mph T66 turbo 612hp F22A
          DIVULGE MOTORSPORTS
          People can hate all they want, my f22 is faster than yours.
          I have literally been on this site for 10 years, I know what i am talking about!
          John 10:18 "No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. "

Comment

Originally posted by honda_kid View Post
            My initial reaction to this post was to ignore your long run-on sentence with almost no punctuation.

uhh no it wont, FIRST OFF THE INTAKE DONT FIT LIKE I SAID AIR FILTER LAYS ON THE BATTERY theres a gap between the battery an old filter box was it dont go into that spot like it should im not some dumb guy who think i kno what im doin i kno what i be doin believe that...
            If you want someone to take you seriously, you need to take the time to punctuate and type a sentence properly. How are we supposed to help you when you type like this? ^^^ Just my .02

Now, about the motor mount, just go get a new one, or a good used one. Then you won't have to worry about fixing it later on down the road.

You see models at every car show.
            But have you ever seen a model that actually takes the car she built to a show?

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
              A great band-aid for a problem that will need to be fixed again once the windo-weld breaks down in a year. Your better off getting real mounts or buying polyurethane inserts.
              3m has never broken on me. u have to still clean the mount properly. so as long as u prepare the surface correctly u should have a problem. liquid urethane is best but u have to most likely order that and wait. if the cb is your DD then u need a fix asap. let it cure at least 24 hours. mine has held fine. also harbor freight has liquid nails polyurethane for like 2$
              frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

ya ur right but i dont need to be proper for what i write but needless to say im gettin it all done this weekend he chargin me $100 to change the mount an axle so im good thanks for the advice anyway an makin a big deal out of just some little dots i should use

Comment

Sure. Keep writing like that and you won't get much help on here. You should use your car modification money and hire an English tutor.
                  Current 2016 Ford F150 XLT Sport
                  Past 1990 Accord EX Sedan
                  Past 1990 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1991 Accord LX Sedan
                  Past 1993 Accord LX Wagon
                  Current 1991 Accord EX Wagon

Comment

Originally posted by turbo90accord View Post
                    Inserts are not designed to repair a broken mount. They won't be of much help.

Fill it with proper polyurethane, not window weld. Or, better yet... just buy a new mount. The front mount is a torque mount, not a load bearing mount. You can remove it without needing to support the motor.

If your motor is moving around that much, your other mounts are probably shot as well. I would check out www.explicitspeedperformance.net and consider buying their mount kit. It will be an upgrade from stock.

And PLEASE, as others have said... type so we can understand you. Show respect to the people that you are asking to take time to assist you with your problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X