Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

suspension questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

suspension questions

im wondering what kind of suspension i need for my cb i will replace the oem and i want to drop the car a lil ... any brands strut and springs or both together im looking to spend around 400 $ on suspension .... i need to change all control arms ball joints and the tire rods any sugestions on this too ? i know that it will be pricey but im looking to get my cb7 in the best shape for the summer

well you SHOULD replace the parts of your suspension that are actually important, instead of lowering it. lol

TASauto.com will be your best bet for most of your parts. tie rods, ball joints, ect.

and if you really want to lower your car, there is a suspension sub-forum that has almost all the info you would need for deciding on a setup.

Comment

thx for the web site but i have a question i been reading the suspension sub forum and i cant find an answer.... what kind of springs should i used to drop my car with KYB GR-2 STRUTS

Comment

stock springs. lol

gr2s are basically an oem replacement.
        i have no personal experience with them, so i can not really ensure you of anything.

there are a couple members who have gr2's paired with lowering springs and haven't had any issues.

Comment

Originally posted by 92jdm View Post
          stock springs. lol

gr2s are basically an oem replacement.
          i have no personal experience with them, so i can not really ensure you of anything.

there are a couple members who have gr2's paired with lowering springs and haven't had any issues.
          well im low on $$$ and i need to buy mad parts for the cb so stock will do just fine for now thx the for the help bro

how good are this ones ? should i get this kit ? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TOKIC...ht_3657wt_1165
          Last edited by Ramx; 02-18-2010, 04:34 AM.

Comment

That's a good kit. Those shocks are very much like the GR2s, nearly stock replacements... but those springs are also the correct spring rate for them. The drop will be subtle, and the ride will feel very much like stock.

You will need to at least get an alignment after you change everything. A drop that slight shouldn't really require camber correction.

Comment

Working...
            X