Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Dome lamps and DX models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dome lamps and DX models

On a 90 DX is the dome lamp supposed to work off of all 4 doors or just the front two? Ive had the car for 6 years now and it has always been that way and never thought much about it until we got my wifes 93 ex.
    Thanks

Nick

im pretty sure its suppose to work with all 4 doors
    ...i have a coupe sorry lol

Comment

It works off all 4. At least in my 1992 ex sedan.

Open your rear doors and look on the gauge cluster to see if it says they are open. If it dosent i bet your door open sensors are bad.

Comment

All 4 doors. As someone mentioned the door sensors need to be properly grounded and the switch mechanism working properly.

It is common on these older cars for the switch mechanism to stop working, just swap in a known-good. Very simple to replace.
        HondaFan81 For Sale Parts (LOW PRICES ON EVERYTHING)

Comment

Replacing with new is a sure-fire way, but sometimes, the contacts on the old can just be roughed up with sandpaper and they'll be like new. Obvioulsy though, if theyre corroded or look like they need replacing, then do so.

KeepinItClean | EnviousFilms | NoBigDeal | YET2BSCENE | .· ` ' / ·. | click here.
          Originally posted by Jarrett
          Is there a goal you're trying to accomplish besides looking dope as hell?

Comment

Ok finally got around to pulling the rear switches. they were pretty crusty but cleaned up good. checked them with a meter, all ok. put them back in and nothing. Ran a jumper wire from the mounting screw to the wire and nothing. Did notice that when I turn the key on and the cluster does the bulb check it only shows the trunk and front doors. My wifes ex shows all 4 doors. I have mitchel on line at work but the wiring diagram sucks. It makes no sense for there to be rear switches and wired and not work. Any personal experience with the DX or someone with a better diagram let me know. Thanks.

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Cautrell05 View Post
              Ok finally got around to pulling the rear switches. they were pretty crusty but cleaned up good. checked them with a meter, all ok. put them back in and nothing. Ran a jumper wire from the mounting screw to the wire and nothing. Did notice that when I turn the key on and the cluster does the bulb check it only shows the trunk and front doors. My wifes ex shows all 4 doors. I have mitchel on line at work but the wiring diagram sucks. It makes no sense for there to be rear switches and wired and not work. Any personal experience with the DX or someone with a better diagram let me know. Thanks.

Nick
              This is not gospel, but experience:

My 92 DX has never ever turned the dome light on when the rear doors are opened, only when the front ones are.

I just walked outside in my flip flops to double check--no dome light with rear doors opening.

I suspect that it's that way with all DXs. After all, the DX is the base model.

If faulty switches were the problem, then you would expect that maybe one door in the rear might fail, but not both at once.

as to why there are switches in the first place....I confess it is a bit of a mystery. Perhaps the switches were cheap enough that they just put them in a standard chassis on the assembly line and depending on the model either wired them or not--does that make sense?

not to me. But I know the rear doors have never lit up my dome light.
              Last edited by batever; 03-06-2010, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Ive had the car for 6 years and always just figured it was because its the base model. But if so why is there a wire connected to the door switch and where does it go to? thats the million dollar question.

Nick

Comment

I have the LX and the light never comes on when I open the doors. The switch has three settings; Off, the middle position which I assume is, turn on when the doors open, and on. The door lights work fine however when the doors are opened.

Comment

Working...
                  X