Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

what other cars can i use cb7 shocks on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what other cars can i use cb7 shocks on?

I have a set of brand new tokico blues for a 93 accord, but i dont need them so im trying to see what other applications these shocks have so i can sell them more easily. I know they fit the cd5 but i also heard that they also fit on preludes can anyone confirm this? and any other car they might fit in?

thanks
    Last edited by P3dr0; 02-13-2010, 09:18 PM.
    1992 Honda Accord Lx
    [/I][/I][/I]

A Cd...

life is good.

Comment

A Cg
      The CB7 Collector.
      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

are u sure that the same suspension stays on the accord from 1990 to 2002? cause the cg starts in 98..
        1992 Honda Accord Lx
        [/I][/I][/I]

Comment

100 percent positive!!!! If you ever look around online you will also find that some acuras (CL and Vigor?) May also include BB4's and BB6's also fall into this category. I have done my research because I wanted to know too.

Edit:
          Notice the motors for the most part are similar as well and this excludes the 6 cyl.
          Last edited by HappyGilmore; 02-13-2010, 09:31 PM.
          The CB7 Collector.
          Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
          92 LX Coupe F22A1
          2013 Toyota Corolla S
          92 EX Sedan F22A1
          Originally posted by deevergote
          Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

BA's as well

^^click it or ticket^^

Comment

Shocks will fit 1990-1997 Accords ONLY. I believe the fronts may fit on the Prelude, but not the rears. They will not fit on the BA Prelude. That car is completely unrelated to the CB chassis.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmoreX View Post
                100 percent positive!!!! If you ever look around online you will also find that some acuras (CL and Vigor?) May also include BB4's and BB6's also fall into this category. I have done my research because I wanted to know too.
                Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                Shocks will fit 1990-1997 Accords ONLY. I believe the fronts may fit on the Prelude, but not the rears. They will not fit on the BA Prelude. That car is completely unrelated to the CB chassis.
                OK well both of you seem pretty positive but one of you is wrong or lying up in this bitch. I'm kinda curious if the 98-02 suspension is compatible too so somebody come correct.

Comment

Visit the websites of all major shock manufacturers. 90-97 is one category. 98-02 is another. Not one of them has 90-02 listed as an option for shocks.

Something does fit on the BB Preludes, but I'm not 100% positive which. Front, I THINK. Either way, they're not valved properly for that car, so they shouldn't be on it even if they fit.

The BA Preludes are totally unrelated to the CB. They're much more similar to the CA.

Ultimately, just because it bolts up doesn't meat it necessarily works properly. Shock valving and matching to the spring rate is extremely important as well. Get the proper suspension components for the vehicle that they're going on.

Comment

Visit the websites of all major shock manufacturers. 90-97 is one category. 98-02 is another. Not one of them has 90-02 listed as an option for shocks.
                    Yeah that makes sense. I didn't ever think they were compatible but dude sounded pretty convincing and I don't know shit. U pretty much know what the hell ur talkin about most of the time so u prolly right.

Comment

When someone tells you something that you don't know one way or the other... look to confirm or disprove their statement. NEVER take anyone's word for granted (even mine... I'm no expert)

Comment

Don't just look at categories on shock manufacturer's sites, check the part numbers.

For example, two cars might have the same part number for the shock (same shock) but they will still be listed under their own respective make and model.
                        There are no black and white suspension answers!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The BA Preludes are totally unrelated to the CB. They're much more similar to the CA..
                          I disagree.

The CB is known to have taken styling cues from the BA 3rd Gen Prelude

In the mechanical side the 2 do share the only platforms ever to have 4 wheel steer (mechanical).

The 4wheel steer mechanics may or may not be 100% swappable due to different length and/or width cars (not 100% sure and dont know if any one has) but seeing there are similiarities theres a good chance at least the gas shocks may be the same.
                          Rides:

Accord
                          92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                          96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                          88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                          95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                          92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                          91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                          91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

If not ill have them as i have both a CB Accord and BA Prelude
                            Rides:

Accord
                            92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                            96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
                            88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
                            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
                            95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
                            92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
                            91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
                            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
                            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
                            91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Of course styling cues were taken... that happens as a manufacturer's line evolves.
                              However, mechanically, the BA has very little in common.

The CB's 4ws system is most likely much closer to the BB's 4ws system. The BA really is a completely different animal. (the BA is the 3rd gen Prelude, correct?)

Comment

Working...
                              X